Got questions? We've got answers.

What is your favorite PD weapon

Laser PD
40%
Gauss PD
17%
Light emitters are the only weapon I'll ever need
25%
SINCE WHEN HAVE PD WEAPONS BEEN IN THE DEMO!? I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM IN THE TECH TREE!!!!!
19%

Total votes: 48

Spoon

Post by Spoon » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:44 pm

the_ubernoob wrote:Perhaps I should have labeled the poll "What's your favorite demo PD weapon?"

I don't blame you, you are our very own Ubernoob after all :wink:
Boobies

nightboy42

Post by nightboy42 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:27 am

Light emitters FTW!!

They hit hard and have a fair range, they hit missles, meteors. VERY accurate. With a tech (armor) that make laser weapons hit lesser its the "ultimate" tech in this demo in my opinion

Onydan

Post by Onydan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:56 pm

I've started around 6-7 games, and have never gotten light emitters. /cry On the plus side, I did get normal emitters from EMP torps one, so that's a good thing. You can imagine my confusion, though, when I start to fight an enemy and he has emitters on his small mounts. I thought, "Where the hell did he get those? Are humans able to mount medium weapons on light mounts? What kinda crap is that?" Then, upon asking a friend, I discovered that light emitters were a tech. Oh well. Regardless, in the recent game I've been playing I have been using Gauss PD. A little disappointing if you ask me. Sure, they fire a lot, but they seem to miss much more than hit. =P Nothing quite like watching your PD ship get blown apart by planetary missiles... slightly embarrassing. :oops:

Xentax

Post by Xentax » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:58 pm

I don't know - I don't have them, and I'm fighting a large human empire that DOES have them, and I'm stomping a mudhole in him (mostly with FC/armor/fusion with mass drivers).

Even missiles do a good job if (as Mecron said) you make sure they don't all try to arrive at once; I've found that you can work your missile units such that the main turrets and the aft-facing engine turret stagger their launches *once* and then as long as you keep a more-or-less broadside bearing, they'll stay staggered to good effect.

Return to “Demo Talk”