Cinematic Transcript

Got questions? We've got answers.
RecoNet

Cinematic Transcript

Post by RecoNet » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi there :)
I would like create a SOTS fan site, I have a bonus dvd with clean tracks and i want to create a cinematic in my language. But i speak a bit of english and i have a request for You. Can somebady put here's a cinematic text of all SOTS ingame intros?
I can translate this and modulate? (change) the voices (similar although ;p ) and create my own intros for fan site in my language.

Thank you in advance :)
RecoNet

EDIT. if somebody have a high quality graphics, screenshots of the game please send me on RecoNet@gmail.com :)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Cinematic Transcript

Post by ZedF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Here's a start for you:

http://sots.rorschach.net/Cinematic_Tra ... Transcript

This is the original intro transcript (the one from the PoV of the Humans, starting with the Nova Maria being launched from spacedock and then blown up by Hivers.)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

RecoNet

Post by RecoNet » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

thank You :) ofc i have it :) By i want also from BOB, and aMoC :P

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 pm

The text for the expansions have been reprinted in the manauals, as I recall. If you can't find them, I'm sure someone else here can help dig them up.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 pm

You know what, I have it open anyhow;

BoB

We are the Chosen Ones, born of the Divine. We are shaped in the image of the Great Masters, born to serve them in the infinite depths. We are warriors, wise men, fathers, and masters. And this is the time of our Ordeal…The Great Silence…when we will prove ourselves worthy to join the immortal Gods and hear their voices once again.

It took years to rise from the world of our spawning. It took decades to reap the wisdom of our first Quarry. But our wiles are unlimited and our thirst for knowledge strong. We have lain quietly in the shadows for a century or more. Skulking among the darkened hulls of dead ships. Raiding the periphery, for slaves and secrets. We tear apart flesh and steel, mind and memory chip…seeking the spark of truth. Seeking the Gods of our birth.

And always we hunger for more.

The time has come; we can wait no longer for the Great Masters to return. Our numbers increase daily; our children hunger, our females lust for war. This galaxy is unworthy of its Gods, overrun by ignorant, arrogant slaves. Mindless insects… pompous lizards… chattering apes… blaspheming rebels. It is time to teach them all their place in the Great Scheme: they will learn to serve their betters…or die.

As it was commanded, so it shall be done. We will sweep all enemies from our path. In the darkness of this galaxy, we will forge an empire of light. We will be worthy. We will find the Gods, wherever they are hidings. We will end their silence and become their Claws once again.

Born of fire. Born of steel. Born of science.

Born of blood.

AMoC

Look to the skies, Children of the Dust and heed My words.

I am First among Travelers, Lord of the Night Sky and Leader of the clans. I am the Voice of the Star Born.

While you crawled, We flew. While you dreamed of wings, we knew the stars.

We came down to share with your ancestors, but we return to find death. Our females slaughtered, our worlds picked over like carrion.

You have laid us a banquet of sorrow. You have risen from your dark depths, your twisting tunnels, your dung-reeking cities, your pitiful nests of stone, and your fields of blood, to lay claim to the very stars.

Blindly you wander, violating the tombs of My Fathers and turning loose your pestilence upon My wives and daughters. And I say enough!

Real war is coming. The Travelers will yield no longer to any who crawl in land or sea.

Find some other place to build your foul nests and fight your petty battles! These stars are sacred... and they are Mine!

So look to the skies, Children of the Dust, and see My coming. I am the Dragon with a thousand wings.

My people are no longer in hiding. And now We darken your skies...

...Like a Murder of Crows!

RecoNet

Post by RecoNet » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Big big thx :) sorry i dont read the manual, my mistake ;O :) Once more thx :)

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 am

Happy to help! Good luck with the translating!

Return to “Demo Talk”