Winning at 'Normal' level

Got questions? We've got answers.
gfc1963

Winning at 'Normal' level

Post by gfc1963 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:36 pm

I have played at Normal level at elast 6 times now and cannot get anywhere! It seems to take forever to get research done and when I meet other races they are miles ahead in tech. Just played a game with four races so I thought I would have a chance of getting somewhere. FAT CHANCE!!! It took me at least 40 turns just to get point defence and then at the end I only had 10 colonies when I encountereted the Liir. They had plasma cannns and projectors and I just had basic missiles, which got shot down easliy. Any ideas folks? Many thanks.

marshb

Re: Winning at 'Normal' level

Post by marshb » Tue May 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Welcome to the boards. Research and research speed depends a lot on how well your economy is developed. Early expansion in lieu of research will help wonders. Here is just one of many threads that talk about early expansion in the game (along with some techs you would be wise to get to help with expansion).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32063

Also heres a link to the wiki that lists some basic strategy and more economy threads along with TARs of what other players are doing inside there games.

http://sots.rorschach.net/Strategy_And_ ... um_Archive

By the way if your playing the demo, your hamstringing your gameplay. Not sure if my post will help with the demo. So much has changed! Rush out and get the Complete game right away!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Return to “Demo Talk”