Pre-paid beta? Are you ready to buy the game to get in?

Got questions? We've got answers.

If there was an option to pre-pay for the full game now and get access to the beta builds in the meantime, would you do it?

Hell Yea! The game is pretty much done, engilsh only version is fine for now and i wouldn't mind reporting bugs and suggestions occasionally.
48%
Good idea, i am planning to buy the game anyway, so might as well check out a few early builds while i wait.
22%
Nah, it's cool. I will wait for the game to be as polished as possible before i fork out my hard earned cash.
17%
Hmmm, I still think there are some things that need to be fixed/changed before i am ready to pay for it.
13%
Tried the demo, but the game did not appeal to me too much, i will wait till the price drops or may not buy at all.
No votes

Total votes: 23

Dar25

Pre-paid beta? Are you ready to buy the game to get in?

Post by Dar25 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:25 pm

Soo, now that we've all had our first taste of SotS with the demo and can see that the game is just about done, the following idea came to my mind:

What if Lighthouse/Kerberos would allow us to Pre-Pay for the full game now (directly from them) to be shipped once it's officially released, but as a perk they would also allow you to download and get access to beta builds in the meantime while you wait. :wink:
Of course all the usual beta NDA's would apply and you would have an option of reporting bugs and such but not required to do so.

Think about that & answer the poll question or share your comments on pros and cons of this idea and its feasibility.

Dar25

Post by Dar25 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Btw, for those who live on the moon, the somewhat official release date for the game is August 22nd and this post was in no way connected to any actual offer from KP team. :oops:

Lio

Post by Lio » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Im going to buy the game for sure :D so sure i wouldnt mind being allowed in the beta if all it took was a pre order.

But i doubt it will happen, game is close to release anyway.

Arkalius

Post by Arkalius » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:20 pm

Asking people on this forum if they want the game early is like asking them if they would like to breathe air.
-Arkalius

Check out my SotS2 tech tree java app!
For the SotS prime player, grab the original tech tree java app.

rooftoptango

Heh

Post by rooftoptango » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Where do I sign up? :( 24 days and a wakeup till I can buy the game:), hopefully not sold out.
Veni, vidi, vici

Lio

Post by Lio » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:29 pm

hmm so far i cant even find the game on any lists in my country so i might just opt for the download able version from lighthouse :?

Bromoc

Post by Bromoc » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:43 pm

Arkalius wrote:Asking people on this forum if they want the game early is like asking them if they would like to breathe air.

I prefer to breath vacuum.. air has oxygen which causes premature aging.. ;)

And what would we be betaing? its more or less complete for release just localization issues. Minus that one hardware compatibility problem they can not track down.

Return to “Demo Talk”