Color blind issue and fix: Green/yellow crosses look alike

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.
coyote303

Question about color blind fix

Post by coyote303 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:05 pm

This is my first and only mod I'm using. If I get brave and try a multiplayer game someday, do I need to disable it?

Coyote

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Re: Color blind issue and fix: Green/yellow crosses look alike

Post by Eleahen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Nope. :)

As the mod alters only the GUI part of the game it should be fully MP compatible.

linkxsc

Re: Color blind issue and fix: Green/yellow crosses look alike

Post by linkxsc » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm not color blind, but this mod is still helpful because its quicker to tell the difference between the blue on the screen from the yellow then it is from the crappy yellow green that they originally had in the game, so thx for the mod

coyote303

Re: Color blind issue and fix: Green/yellow crosses look ali

Post by coyote303 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I haven't played in a while and have changed computers. So, I tracked down this thread, but I don't see Carch's mod link. Are they gone for good, or am I missing something?

ZenMagnus

Post by ZenMagnus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm

All attached files are gone after the forum was retooled.

I quickly made a new version based on the original description. Let me know if it does what you need or if you require any further help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to someone else. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self."

coyote303

Post by coyote303 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks, ZenMagnus. It works perfectly, and so easy to set up, too!

:D

Fenric

Post by Fenric » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 pm

ZenMagnus wrote:All attached files are gone after the forum was retooled.

I quickly made a new version based on the original description. Let me know if it does what you need or if you require any further help.

I recently purchased the Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection during the Steam sale, and discovered I also have some difficulty distinguishing between the default colors of the game.

However, the ColorBlindFix.zip posted above no longer seems to work. I realize this is likely a long shot given the age of the game, but can anyone please repost/reupload the colorblind fix?

brisub

Post by brisub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Fenric wrote:I recently purchased the Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection during the Steam sale, and discovered I also have some difficulty distinguishing between the default colors of the game.

However, the ColorBlindFix.zip posted above no longer seems to work. I realize this is likely a long shot given the age of the game, but can anyone please repost/reupload the colorblind fix?

Good luck with a great (and challenging) game. Unfortunately, the forums scrub attachments after a while. If you look at the beginning of the thread, it tells you how to mod your own cross colors. Not as easy as a pre-made solution, but it might help you solve the problem.
:sots1: Bri

How do I know I'm about to be annihilated? The turn count reaches 250...

Return to “Suggestions”