Add "Pan" control on Galactic map ?

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.
StrangeWings

Add "Pan" control on Galactic map ?

Post by StrangeWings » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't know if it is suitable to this game, but sometimes I have felt the need of it, instead of only selecting a star system to center the view on it. I think you know already what it is "pan", it basically a control function all 3D cad have: by moving mouse while holding wheel mouse button, you can shift your visual in all directions. Since the game have already rotation and zooming, maybe it would be good to have pan too. Well it is just a suggestion, I am fine with your work anyway, since I love this game already, and love 3d galactic map. Bye ! :P

brisub

Re: Add "Pan" control on Galactic map ?

Post by brisub » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Kerberos was really specific in having the views be unit-centric (hence the no pan control). Basically, it was a design philosophy decision, which is why I doubt you'll see a change from that. A pro I see with this is that I don't inadvertently pan while doing things (a frustration I have when things do pan).

Probably not the answer you wanted, but that's cool.
:sots1: Bri

How do I know I'm about to be annihilated? The turn count reaches 250...

StrangeWings

Re: Add "Pan" control on Galactic map ?

Post by StrangeWings » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh well, it is ok even without pan, it was just my own preference, I think you are quite right about the unit centric view choice, while pan adds to flexibility, it may well not be suited for all players. Thanks for the reply !

Return to “Suggestions”