New expansion please?

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.
usermist2

New expansion please?

Post by usermist2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Since at this point, in order for Kerberos to seriously justify deciding to update SotS1, they would probably need to release an expansion:

I suggest taking the community race and making it happen. At this point, it's certain that although interest for the mod race was high enough, there were never enough model artists to make it work. Kerberos could also take the time to eliminate the few remaining bugs while they're at it. :o

Completely new suggestions:
Slaver random encounters that abduct population have a chance of "infecting" a colony. If the infection is successful, it becomes an independent Zuul colony. Based on re-reading "The Deacon's Tale." :twisted:
Zuul colonizers may be "sacrificed" at enemy colonies to produce a Zuul plague. Zuul will probably need to be re-balanced if these suggestions are implemented. I also suggest making all encounter-based randoms (colonizer traps, Morrigi fleet, Slavers, etc.) have an approximately equal chance of happening, if they already don't. I currently think most of us still playing SotS1 feel that certain randoms are less random than others, and we get bored of having the same random encounters all the time. (Or perhaps make the random encounters less random to make it appear more random?) :?

If Kerberos expresses interest in making another expansion, further suggestions for the expansion should go in his thread.
Kerberos could use the profits generated to assist the creation of other projects (*cough Kaiju-a-GoGo cough*), assuming there is enough interest. :insane:

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: New expansion please?

Post by Mecron » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:29 pm

So far all monies generated by the sales of sots prime and is expansions have gone directly to paradox so this idea sadly will not address the issues you hoped.

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:56 am

See, I thought when you went Indie you got to make money from selling any future expansions, since those would not be published by Paradox. Unfortunately, I have no idea what deals were made in the darkness in order to win your freedom. :(

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:53 am

It's pretty straightforward as far as which games fall under which umbrella. Paradox got the publishing rights for SotS1 and SotS2 and all expansions/DLC. Kerb gets everything new, forward from that point.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 am

Evidently, they also get ALL the MONEY from FUTURE expansions to at least SotS1, or at least that's what I inferred from Mecron's post. So, even if Kerberos really wanted to do a SotS1 expansion, and even if that expansion would make a kajillion dollars in profit, Kerberos wouldn't get a single Yen from it.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 am

Yes, that's what I was alluding to as well. Kerb gets income from publishing *new titles* and expansions for new titles. Not expansions for SotS1/SotS, as those have a different publisher (to wit, Paradox.)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 am

User to be fair eventually we would get something...eventually.

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:57 am

Yes, but the eventually probably isn't worth going to be worth the trouble to make another expansion for it, as much as I would like to see one. Because, as much as I like SotS1, I have to accept the fact that we're very much a niche community now. ;)

Return to “Suggestions”