DARK MOONS

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.
balti knights

DARK MOONS

Post by balti knights » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Winter is coming so.....

I've tried to get a working mod up before but it's never worked out. So I thought if I upload a bit at a time I might figure out the problem.
First up is a redo of the Tarka Species folder. These have been re-imagined as a human collective.
See if you can get them in game. Then if you have the time to give some feedback that would be great..
I've got 90% of a whole new universe, I just need a little help to polish it up.

Many thanks
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x3gb7jma ... on.7z/file
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

SpardaSon21

Re: DARK MOONS

Post by SpardaSon21 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Having tested them out in a single game, they're certainly interesting. You look like you've taken a fair bit of stuff from TrashMan's Phoenix mod, which I can't complain about. The current lack of Dreadnoughts is annoying, though.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks for the feedback Spardason. You are right Toni gave me his permission to use his files how ever I liked. So for this species the main hull sections are taken from his Phoenix mod, the textures have been remapped to match the new command and engine sections that I've created. Dreadnoughts will come later and I will explain why later (if this mod takes off).

Pleased to hear you have it working in game though. There are probably quite a few artefacts left in the folders but it should as though they are not impairing play.

Next up will be Skyspheres, Planets and Avaters which I hope to post later this evening
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:21 pm

I will say the graphics need some work, since they seem blurry and low-res. You should also try and adapt your models to TrashMan's so there's a coherent style, if you're going to stick with them. Not sure what to say about balance, since I'm not the best there. As to getting it running, all I did was load it up like a standard mod and it replaced everything.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello SpardaSon, thanks for the feedback. You say they are blurry and low-res,does this happen at different LOD distances. Any chance you could post a picture of what you mean so I can check it against my originals. The textures used should be giving far more detail to the models than the prime or phoenix textures. Model wise the fore and aft models that I have created have been designed around Toni's sections so as to not clash with his weapon arc and placement. They tend to be thin fores and flat afts. Do you have an suggestions as to how you might think I could improve the coherence?

Thanks

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:24 am

Here you go. The main issue is the command section. The rest look great, by the way.

Screenshots are too big for the forums, so some links.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9265yg1417ho8 ... 1.tga?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szqfxcoqlvzkw ... 2.tga?dl=0

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:07 am

Hey, balti, any progress since my last post? I hope you found the screenies useful.

Return to “Modding”