ModManager/Editor RC version 0.9.2 (Updated Jun 8, 2007)

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.
Mysterius

Re: ModManager/Editor RC version 0.9.2 (Updated Jun 8, 2007)

Post by Mysterius » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:27 pm

Does this work with the CE?

iamsostupid

Post by iamsostupid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, does it work with CE or ANY?

jackswift

Post by jackswift » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm running ANY 1.7.1 and the mod manager still works like a charm. Can switch between ACM, FRB, Nova, etc. with no problems.

Zaiaku

Post by Zaiaku » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 am

A suggestion: Include a check box to enable a 'modders mode' where the manager will not close after launching SotS and possibly allow the user to open a mod directory from the manager.

matster

Post by matster » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello, doesnt install on a 64 bit system. Wat do I do??????
lol
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.

Winston Churchill

Mannerheim

Post by Mannerheim » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Would really appreciate it if you'd put a download link on the front page thank you.

The_Unificator

Post by The_Unificator » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:04 pm

hi guys and girls
´
i have a question, some time ago i got :sots1: 1.2.2, Paradox give away the game in his newsletter, since that i am playing the vanilla game and i see some interesting mods for the 1.2.2 version, my question is this ¿will this Mod Manager works on the 1.2.2 version of the game?
An Argentinian SolForce Captain awaiting new orders

Question

Post by Question » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 pm

I extracted the techtree folder to mods\techtree and edited mastertechlist.tech...but your mod manager insists that the mods folder has 0 files with 0 kb in it. Why is this?

Edit : Okay it looks like your mod manager recognizes every file in the techtree folder EXCEPT mastertechlist.tech. If that's the only file in there, the mod manager thinks there are 0 files there....

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 am

Nobody is maintaining this software, to my knowledge.

However, it's dead-simple.

Put the extracted tech tree under mods\YOUR MOD NAME

Put the mod manager executable in the same folder as SOTS

Run it

Choose "YOUR MOD NAME"

Ta-da!

Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 am

Does this work with the :amoc: AMOC expansion?

I dont use a mod manager... yet... but i do know the basic of how to load the ACM mod. but since ive updated to the :amoc: AMOC expansion, the ACM mod doesnt work right, i know it was ment to run with the BOB and CE expansions, but i dont know how to make it work with :amoc: AMOC. thats why im asking.

an example would be, for Diablo2 there is a mod manager called D2SE, with it you can roll back to previous versions of the game, or play mods that where degined for previous versions as well. so, can you use this mod manager to "rool back" to, lets say, :any: CE, or :bob: BOB plain, or even the original :sots1: SOTS?

Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:11 am

And a really quick (and most likely really dumb :oops: ) question, first there was "Sword of the Stars", then there was "Born of Blood", then, i think, "Collectors Edition", followed by "A Murder of Crows", but ive seen many refrences to "ANY", does this mean any version or expansion, or is this another expansion that i dont know about?

Enjelus

Post by Enjelus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Spyro_Drag wrote:And a really quick (and most likely really dumb :oops: ) question, first there was "Sword of the Stars", then there was "Born of Blood", then, i think, "Collectors Edition", followed by "A Murder of Crows", but ive seen many refrences to "ANY", does this mean any version or expansion, or is this another expansion that i dont know about?

ANY means "Argos Naval Yards", the final expansion. ACM requires ANY because some of the game mechanics used in it weren't added until then, there is no way to "roll it back" short of ripping the mod apart and taking out the parts that don't work. There's no telling what that would break.

Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Actually, i have an older version of AMC that required BOB, but ive also DLed the latest version too. i was hoping to play the older version as well, thats why i ask.

BTW, thanks, i had no idea there was another expansion, ill look into getting it. right now im in the process of making a map for AMOC, but since i dont have Excel, or any other map makers, ive been limited to just using notepad to set the parameters. do you know of any simple map makers that would help?

Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

ok... where is the DL? ive looked and picked through this thread, and the onyl DL link i find is for .net 2.0, i know i want the manager now, because i JUST got :any: ANY and i wanted a way to quickly change mods with out editing the "sots.ini" every time. it get kinda annoying when i want to switch between the "AMC" and the "all tech" mods. :shock:

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 pm

right now im in the process of making a map for AMOC, but since i dont have Excel, or any other map makers, ive been limited to just using notepad to set the parameters. do you know of any simple map makers that would help?
I've never made maps, but here is a program I got off a thread about making maps that can, apparently, make maps! Also there is a freeware programme suite for office documents you can use, Open Office (linky) or just use google docs to make .csv files.
SotS1GalaxyGenerator.rar

ok... where is the DL? ive looked and picked through this thread, and the onyl DL link i find is for .net 2.0, i know i want the manager now, because i JUST got :any: ANY and i wanted a way to quickly change mods with out editing the "sots.ini" every time. it get kinda annoying when i want to switch between the "AMC" and the "all tech" mods. :shock:
modmanager.zip
This is one I have, never used it so not sure if it works...IIRC doesn't work with ANY. Its quite easy to manage multiple mods using the sots.ini though. Put all your mount directories in then just deactivate incompatible mods by adding "//" before the mount line:

Code: Select all

[Modules]
Mount1=Mods\NewMod\
//Mount2=Mods\NewModSub\
//Mount3=Mods\WCProphecy
//Mount4=Mods\FrigatesNew
Mount10=sots_local_en.gob
Mount11=sots.gob
This is my file, here only the data in the NewMod file is used. You can use this to move between ACM and your techtree mod in the same way easily. Lower "mount" numbers are used before higher ones btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modding”