Combined MOD [graphics + gameplay] Updated june 25, 2015

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.
Alpha Centauri

Re: Combined MOD [graphics + gameplay] Updated june 25, 2015

Post by Alpha Centauri » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:02 pm

If you really can't get it - after trying winrar - I have a copy and can link it.

Surge753

Post by Surge753 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:16 am

Somehow WinRAR has fixed the missing planet textures, however tarka ultra-heavy cannon mounts have a missing texture, all the hybrid weapon techs are missing a cube texture and tree protrait, and the rotating section of the hiver command destroyer only makes a quarter rotation before resetting, and that's just what I've noticed in my first match.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:10 am

hey, thats the known issues, seems like everything extracted fine.

i have fixed the missing tech icons in my current build tnx to aplha, i have tried hard to fix the missing tarka texture but cant seem to find it.
as for the hiver command, i dont see any differences to vanilla sots.

iam atm picking up work on this a little more and hope to release a new version soon.

greetings

Surge753

Post by Surge753 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:36 pm

the Hiver command destroyer not frigate, command frigate has the vanilla model but the command destroyer has a rotating section that doesn't rotate fully.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:54 pm

ah ok, well the author of this model is Raptor, so thats on him, i still like the model though :D

vonmistont

Post by vonmistont » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi,

I just bought SotS and I wanted to experience Vanilla version first but with all graphical updates saving modded content for later and since I couldn't unpack hi res planets mod I downloaded your Combined Mod). Can you tell me which folders/files to delete or leave from your mod to have all visual upgrades without any changes to a gameplay?
I left "Avatars, Badges, effects, GUI, Models, Render and Sounds" folders intact I also left playercolors, starcolors, and starcolors_bug files in Data/Strategy folder and camera and terrain in Data/Combat folders. I also left ShipBadges and ShipLights in Species folder and all "art" folders in Species/Hiver, Human etc. folders.
Did I remove any visual updates? Or is there anything else to remove to have vanilla gameplay?

Cheers

Edit: I also removed WeaponPlacements.txt from GUI folder.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Sounds like u did it right.
In the models folder, there is a CombatHUD folder wich will change the GUI during combat very drastically, u might wanna rename it and see the difference between vanilla and my changes.
The thing is, my version looks way better if zoomed in but ahs the problem of becoming almost invisibly in zoomed out camera.

I should really release a graphics only version at some point.
Hf with vanilla sots, good decision to go with all the grpahics.

greetings

vonmistont

Post by vonmistont » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank you for reply! It looks really good indeed. "Graphics only" mod would be a great help for new players, esspecialy since planets mod seems to have corrupted download (or I really messed something up) and there is absolutely no reason why anyone wouldnt want to install it (in fact it should be incorporated into a game itself).

Cheers

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:21 pm

yeah, you are right, and the planet mod DL is abit tricky to unpack, i remember.

about the CombatHud folder in the models folder. U probably saw that its not there cause its an optional DL.
When i saw your post, i cheked my own fodler to see what fodlers are there and found it, but i didnt include it into the DL

And yeah, the planets mod is stunning, aswell as the skyspheres mod (wich is the thing that adds planets to the battlemap like gasgigants)

cheers

edit
oh, and talking about graphics, i really enjoy sweet FX with sots.
I added my persolan settings file for sots1.

download sweetfx from official page [url]sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/downloads/SweetFX_1_5-23364.7z[/url]
and copy content into sots root dir. now to switch it on and off press the scroll lock key (next to the pause key)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

centurin

Post by centurin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi Blue! I really love your mod. I hope you eventually release the next version with the tech description and icon fixes.

My question is does anyone know what the Particle Accelerator does? It doesn't have a description and the weapon isn't available in any weapon mounts.

Reiver

Post by Reiver » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:51 pm

vonmistont wrote:Thank you for reply! It looks really good indeed. "Graphics only" mod would be a great help for new players, esspecialy since planets mod seems to have corrupted download (or I really messed something up) and there is absolutely no reason why anyone wouldnt want to install it (in fact it should be incorporated into a game itself).

Cheers

It's well late, I know, but I thought I should throw my voice to the idea of a graphics-only refurbishment mod, too. :)

Return to “Modding”