K WAR MOD

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.
balti knights

Re: K WAR MOD

Post by balti knights » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:16 pm

KO-WAR ready to go in the rough with an open tech tree to test.

does it work?
Last edited by balti knights on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:05 am

Sorry. Still not working for me. Only the Forn race seems complete. All others are missing badges. The game simply sticks when loading a new game. Had to end it with the task manager. Not sure what you are running on your system that I'm not or if there are special instructions for installing this.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback Slashman. That's abit annoying I thought it would play. I ll look in to it some more. Have a go at deleting the locale folder from the k1 folder, see if that works. When it comes to load screens and bits of the gui some of it has been stripped out only forn has badges all others are blanked out. I ve spent a bit of time strippng back parts of sots so I can rework them from the bottom upwards.

for install just place k1 in sots and point config.at it.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Tried removing the locale folder and still same result. Hangs when starting a new game after choosing races.

Maybe there are some specific options I'm not supposed to choose that you've overlooked?

TLX099

Post by TLX099 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Uploaded From: China
emmmmm...are you chinese ?

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:45 am

English is not Balti's native tongue, I don't believe. As is true of many folks here.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am

I've just finished watching the excellent series ' The expanse' I think I might do a total redo from bottom, upwards based on the expanse universe (which is not to far from the universe that I imagined the K War to take place in). It will probably be trimmed down so I can find where the bugs are. Then add content that is stable.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 am

This is a personal project for my own pleasure (my stuff has never really gained to much traction over the years): So it will come as and when....

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am

Take your time. You mod for you. The rest of us just get to benefit from the work if/when it is released.

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:25 am

balti knights wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am
I've just finished watching the excellent series ' The expanse' I think I might do a total redo from bottom, upwards based on the expanse universe...
The books are even better! :D

Loved the first season! GREAT rendering of that universe to the screen! :love:

Felt that they diverged too much in the 2nd season for no discernable value over the books - but meh - whatever.

Would love to see what you'd do for a such a thing.

I've considered trying to integrate some aspects, but for railguns, I don't think that sots can emulate the shots that go right through?
Nor does it do true physics movement (it does a sort of simplified with limiters). And I think you'd need AI to be programmed for the vector physics for them to fly worth a damn - would be interesting!

Still, would love to see whatever you were thinking about doing!

Return to “Modding”