ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.

What is your overall opinion of this mod?

Great work!
67%
Good mod, but some things need more work.
28%
Nothing special. Some ideas are interesting, but overall opinion is average.
3%
This is the worst mod i`ve ever played!
1%

Total votes: 368

R2dical

Re: ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Post by R2dical » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Tyrgalon wrote:I tried reistalling everything and not using the mod. Same problem came up, I think the 1.8 update breacks it...which means I can´t play the mod :/
Unless someone comes up with a fix.

Yep, well this is an issue with sots and your pc, not the mod. Have you tried:

1) Reinstall with a registry cleaning in-between.
2) Installing the packages that come on the sots cd... vcredist_x86, directx and DotNetFX (make sure you use the correct OS versions then try a reboot and reinstall. This sounds like a vcredist issue you have, maybe you need the newest version, get it from the microsoft website)
3) Updating graphics drivers to latest.
4) Try the display.cfg trick (I had this once), you need to copy one (theres one on the wiki) into your SOTS folder after a clean install.

PM a kerbicron clerk (Nspace, silvaril, etc) or then a dev (castewarkp, lavamadness) if none of the above works and no one replies to tech thread.

(Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread Okim :oops:, this should be in tech support.)

And I hope some more people check out your new project Okim, maybe you need to post some pics in a thread.

Tyrgalon

Post by Tyrgalon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I don´t quit understand 1 Im afraid :/

Problem with 2 is that Im using a none registered windows xp 32 operating system, so can´t visit a microsoft website :P
Also directx and dotnetFX is in order, I know that for sure. I also remember seeing a vcredist_x86 install/update included in one of the sots expansion installation processes.

3 shouldn´t be an issue since Im able to run sots ANY 1.71, or are the graphics that different?

I got 4 to work with 1.71 but after applying the 1.8 update I got the same error message about application configurations.

Okim

Post by Okim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

(Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread Okim :oops:, this should be in tech support.)

Not a problem - having a solution posted in multiple places makes people`s life easier, no? ;)

And I hope some more people check out your new project Okim, maybe you need to post some pics in a thread.

There is a dedicated thread in 'off-topic' that contains info on the project. But either its location is making it difficult to find or people are scarce these days or they just not willing to help.

This thread is for ACM, posting pictures from my boardgame here might confuse players...
Okim`s Studios - a collection of my mods and other projects:
http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Okim wrote:Not a problem - having a solution posted in multiple places makes people`s life easier, no? ;)

Indeed!

Okim wrote:There is a dedicated thread in 'off-topic' that contains info on the project. But either its location is making it difficult to find or people are scarce these days or they just not willing to help.
Yeah, the bottom of the forums is quite an obscure corner of the internets :) If I were you I would engage in some subtle target marketing. Put a noticable, interesting but unimposing "advertisement" in your sig and go hang around in the sots 2 and pit forums ;)

Okim

Post by Okim » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 am

Hi. I`ve made a small report about one of the test plays of Lords of The Stars. It contains description of first 9 turns, map creation, end game and some conclusions.

This report can be found here: http://okimstudios.3nx.ru/viewtopic.php?p=25#25

Okim

Post by Okim » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 am

Hi guys!

Slightly more than a week is left till the end of my Lords of The Stars Campaign on IndieGoGo.

Though this campaign didn`t get much, at least it covered part of the expenses. I would like to thanks all those who contributed, including Kerberos themselves. Thanks!

wolfsruhm

Post by wolfsruhm » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am

Since i got some time on my hands recently i decided to power up my venerable SotS once again, as well as your mod, and I found something very very odd. Playing as Morrigi I went to build a few DNs to defend my Systems against those pesky Silicoids (scatching my previous CR defending Fleets in the process). Now as the first Queen (re-)emerged my DNs showed a very strange behaviour in spinning and tumbling easily out of controll when being hit by the measily (Plasma?) shots of the silicoid drones )my cruisers, and even my destryoers never did so). At first I thiought, mhhh somehting wrong with the mass of those DN modules? I checked them via Editor, and no 30k-50k mass in comparison to 1k-2k destryoer masser seemed to be fairly ok, but still those DNs get tumbled around by Silicoid drones.

Of course i have the newest Version of the game and the mod.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:49 pm

This mod is no longer under development, and as far as I know Okim has retired from the boards.

I have an idea though what could be causing the behaviour you describe, though it has been a long time since I was poking around in ACM files. I recall that the silicoid queen had a weapon "mind blast" or something that was actually a tractor beam. The way these work is that heavier ships are more vunerable due to the calculation as well as they being a slower/larger/easier target. I think the effect was also disabled so it would net be seen firing in combat.

Try removing or replacing the weapon (in the species/NPC/sections folder, the .shipsection file has a line in each turret specifying which weapon that turret mounts). If this is not the problem the only other thing in the scenario you describe which causes kinetic changes in ships is the drone cannons themselves. They are type bullet so this is technically possible, and the momentum transfer depends on mass of bullet, mass of ship, speed, thrust, etc. There is a value, recoil_factor in the weapons, set this to 0 to see if this will resolve the problem.

wolfsruhm

Post by wolfsruhm » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 pm

well the spinning is not caused by the queen though but by it's tiny drones far before the queen was ever in range, and yeah i also got aware of the Queens vlob having some type of grav-beam effect(damage+repell)

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Do you have a save-game? Is it repeatable?
Could just be memory corruption, and non-repeatable?

wolfsruhm

Post by wolfsruhm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:59 am

pretty much repeatable, yeah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cround

Post by Cround » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:47 am

Hello guys, I just got me SoTS and the ACM mod shortly after, but here's the thing, before ACM mod my missile weapons would track perfectly and shit. This week I installed the ACM mod and my missiles wont track (or the AI's), they just dumbfire into space, not even in a straight line against my target, if any of you guys could lend me an hand here I'd be a lot lot grateful. :(

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 am

Hi and welcome to SOTS and to the forums!

There is quite a few things that could be going on here. If this is happening in more than one battle try redownloading the mod and ensure it is mounted correctly.

If that doesn't help post a screenshot of what you mean and a savegame also.

I can take a look at the save (and also wolfsruhm's bug) soon but maybe someone else can look sooner.

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:27 am

Make sure that you've got a good, patched up to 1.8.0 copy of Sots (this is Sots+Bob+Amoc+ANY - also known as "complete collection").

This ACM is only compatible with 1.8.0 of Sots

Return to “Modding”