ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.

What is your overall opinion of this mod?

Great work!
67%
Good mod, but some things need more work.
28%
Nothing special. Some ideas are interesting, but overall opinion is average.
3%
This is the worst mod i`ve ever played!
1%

Total votes: 366

Okim

Re: ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Post by Okim » Sat May 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Yes its ok. Tree has more branches than vanilla and its larger than these rotating rings that vanilla has in the screens. So both are removed.
Okim`s Studios - a collection of my mods and other projects:
http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios

Ferigad

Post by Ferigad » Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Well it´s really a nice one. I only miss the human ships! liked the alcubbiere drives! xD

melvinVM

Post by melvinVM » Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am

Good job, looking forward to your work Okim! Best mod out there I cannot match.

Tally

Post by Tally » Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 pm

I feel like maybe I should check this out, but at the same time, I feel like I should actually get good at this game first. I still have trouble learning the combat after so much time.

Edit: The tech tree image appears to be missing.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Tue May 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Not certain it's the latest one available, but should be close enough...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tally

Post by Tally » Wed May 21, 2014 1:55 am

BlueTemplar wrote:Not certain it's the latest one available, but should be close enough...

Thanks a lot. That'll be quite helpful. I decided to try my hand at this mod anyway. It really wasn't kidding when it said the research times would be a lot longer. Took forever just to even get Gene Modification, and that's as Morrigi. On the other hand, I've had phenomenal luck with planetary exploration on this playthrough.

Okim

Post by Okim » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:44 am

Thanks for the tree BlueTemplar.
Okim`s Studios - a collection of my mods and other projects:
http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:32 pm

No problem! ;)

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 am

After installing your mod i get an error everytime i try to get into a real-time battle, it crashesright at the start of battle, then closes the game after acknowledging the error, the crash dump is attached below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow.” - Metrodorus of Chios (400BC)

“If two ships are enough to do the job; bring ten.” - Steel

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:37 am

.dmp files can only be used by Kerberos and are no use to modders, unfortunately. The Session.log however is very useful for debugging especially the bit at the end, perhaps you can post that? It will have to be the .log file as at after the crash.

Otherwise, you have any other mods installed? You use the mod manager? Do you have the latest versions of SOTS ANY and ACM? You may have to re download the mod.

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 pm

R2dical wrote:.dmp files can only be used by Kerberos and are no use to modders, unfortunately. The Session.log however is very useful for debugging especially the bit at the end, perhaps you can post that? It will have to be the .log file as at after the crash.

Otherwise, you have any other mods installed? You use the mod manager? Do you have the latest versions of SOTS ANY and ACM? You may have to re download the mod.

i'm running ANY 1.8.0 and ACM 141, no other mods installed, no i don't use a mod manager(is there one for SOTS?).
Here's the log file
“To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow.” - Metrodorus of Chios (400BC)

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Hmm, looks like some funny business going on, are you running a save that was made from that same ANY 1.8.0 + ACM 141 + no-other-mods setup? (IIRC ACM had some errors in the log but was actually OK, so hard to say what is actually a problem).

Try re-downloading ACM, I saw some issues before due to an incomplete mod folder. If the same thing happens upload the save and I can take a look for you if/when/until Okim pops in.

There is a mod manager but I recommend you stick to modifying the .ini instead as combining or editing mods loaded with the manager can mess things up easily.

Dazs

Post by Dazs » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 am

I've been using the mod recently with no problems. I would suggest that you manually edit the ini. Note: If you are running it on Steam then make sure you set the game properties to not automatically update so that it will not eventually overwrite your change.

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:37 pm

R2dical wrote:Hmm, looks like some funny business going on, are you running a save that was made from that same ANY 1.8.0 + ACM 141 + no-other-mods setup? (IIRC ACM had some errors in the log but was actually OK, so hard to say what is actually a problem).

Try re-downloading ACM, I saw some issues before due to an incomplete mod folder. If the same thing happens upload the save and I can take a look for you if/when/until Okim pops in.

There is a mod manager but I recommend you stick to modifying the .ini instead as combining or editing mods loaded with the manager can mess things up easily.

No, i started a new game when i installed the mod, i really think i got the complete zip file, but i'm going to redownload it to make sure.
After redownloading the same file again, the crash still persists, here's the log file

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:31 pm

There are a couple things in the log that are worrying, but I think I need to look closer to find the thing causing the crash. If you can post your save file I can investigate.

Return to “Modding”