ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.

What is your overall opinion of this mod?

Great work!
67%
Good mod, but some things need more work.
28%
Nothing special. Some ideas are interesting, but overall opinion is average.
3%
This is the worst mod i`ve ever played!
1%

Total votes: 366

Filippe999

Re: ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Post by Filippe999 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:13 pm

R2dical wrote:There are a couple things in the log that are worrying, but I think I need to look closer to find the thing causing the crash. If you can post your save file I can investigate.

Here it is:

Strange, i just went to battle with the morrigi in that save, but it didn't crashed, i guess playing in a window really made a difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow.” - Metrodorus of Chios (400BC)

“If two ships are enough to do the job; bring ten.” - Steel

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Filippe999 wrote:Strange, i just went to battle with the morrigi in that save, but it didn't crashed, i guess playing in a window really made a difference.
The error could be sitting with the AI or NPC player (often the case) and therefore subject to the randomizer. So if you have an end turn roll that avoids the AI/NPC engaging the crash conditions you will not see the crash.

There is evidence in your log that suggests this is what may be going on and I have seen it quite often in my modding, usually AI/NPC and mount issues. If it is this then the crash may happen again soon, but you may get lucky and not. If you do see it again upload the save and log and ill take a look. :)

Okim

Post by Okim » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Odd, i see no error message in your log file. Just a bunch of warnings that can be ignored.
Okim`s Studios - a collection of my mods and other projects:
http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:54 pm

The one I had in mind was this one:

Code: Select all

Warning: [Weapons/mis_planet.weapon] Required 'turretsize' not specified.
Warning: [Weapons/mis_planet_mirv.weapon] Required 'turretsize' not specified.
Warning: [Weapons/mis_planet_hvy.weapon] Required 'turretsize' not specified.

I copied the way you disabled planet missiles into my mod too, and ran into an issue at some point where the AI had somehow gained access to the weapons in combat as the default mount. This crashed the game at the start of combat in some battles. It must have been quite narrow circumstances given how long it worked fine before, and normally the system works fine, but when I fixed the .weapon files the crash and warnings went away not to be seen again. Given how rare CTD at the start of combat is and how stable ACM has been that would be my guess.

Also:

Warning: [] Model load failed.
If this is trying to load a weapon projectile model (eg missile) it can crash combat.

Warning: Data/Strategy/AI/aitechgrp.csv, 71: tech WEP_hvyfb does not exist.
Warning: Data/Strategy/AI/aitechpri.csv, 2: tech WEP_hvyfb does not exist.
Warning: Data/Strategy/AI/aitechmode.csv, 93: tech WEP_hvyfb does not exist.
I have seen the AI crash on these too (unreferenced techs), not in combat though...

Mantonization

Post by Mantonization » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 pm

(Can't believe I joined this forum just to complain...)

I've been playing SoTS for about a month now, after buying, trying and falling in love with it during the Steam sale. Today I decided to try this mod, and it's got a lot of interesting ideas! I personally detest the new human ship designs but that's neither here nor there.

However, I think that in the end it's not for me, due to the fact that the Zuul are absolutely ridiculous now. Completely impossible for me to deal with, especially if I'm playing Hiver (which I enjoy doing, as the cowardly-turtling suits me). Here's how every game with Zuul has turned out so far:

- I meet the marsupial scum (this always happens early, no matter what we always seem to be immediate neighbours).
- They immediately start throwing enormous, never-ending waves of ships at me. Fleet sizes start at 35 and just start going up in 15s from there.
- Once they reach the planet and battle commences, they go straight for the planet and wipe it out. I can't seem to really prevent this, since my ships now move like handicapped shopping trolleys while they're as nimble as ever. If I'm Hiver, they also destroy the gate.
- Repeat the previous step until all my money is gone trying to keep up and they control the planet.

I literally just can't match them in production or combat. So, yeah. Great mod, but seems a bit unforgiving.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Mantonization wrote:I've been playing SoTS for about a month now...

No offence but one month of game play is kind of light to make a judgement call like this on a game with this amount of depth.

Mantonization wrote:However, I think that in the end it's not for me, due to the fact that the Zuul are absolutely ridiculous now.
I will agree with you that given the increased game scope in this mod, the racial bonuses and overhavesting if the Zuul give them more of an edge in the early game. Also ACM gives them gunboats which are pretty OP (one of the first things I modded :) ) But such things are to the taste of the modder, who has no obligation at all to the players of their mod. Most experienced SOTS players would welcome such challenge from the AI IMO.

Pentel123

Post by Pentel123 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Hey I am trying to download this mod, but my browsers can't open that page the link send me to. What do I need to do to get this mod?

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Damn, I only have ACM 1.40, not 1.41... anyone has the latest version (and changelog)?
You can get the manual here, though without pictures, and a (somewhat old) tech tree in my previous post in this thread.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130805044 ... anual.html

serhof

Post by serhof » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Niarro

Post by Niarro » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Dunno if this is still being worked on, but... uh... There's a slight issue with silicoid queens and morrigi advanced blasters XD

hamof

Post by hamof » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Is there any particular reason the link for TCM on your site leads here? Shouldn't they be separate topics if they aren't already? (Because I am not searching through 248 pages of posts to look for it.)

BobDog

Post by BobDog » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:53 am

When I try to download the techtree image from the first page;
Full tectree image for this mod (made by someone): download/file.php?id=13718

It tells me "You are not authorised to download this attachment"

Help appreciated.
I have an account and logged in.

puglebugle

Post by puglebugle » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:56 am

Found 1 (Very) Hilarious Bug: in 141 ANY

1. Human basic Missile weapon (yes the starting one Missile) deals 50% less damage than all the other races.
(99% probability i am correct, unless there is some other hidden file)

Human players have you noticed that? :D

//edit 1 : not sure about this one, human nuc torpedo dont get warhead upgrades, or all torpedos were not meant to get warhead upgrades but they do...idk//

I can release a bugfix patch, ofc all credits go to Okim.

On a side note...just my personal 2 cents:..some ..of the techs..cough..cough ...are very strangely balanced,,cough,,,,or not balanced at all. (ex: terraforming bacteria vs that industrial one terraforming tech, cough. fusion vs antimatter (fusion T 200 anti T 250 on 20 stars per player (LIIR no exp bonus, i did NOT rushed antimatter, just played peacefully until built eco))
All techcosts were NOT scaled by 10* as written in the manual, or Okim forgot to put that 0 in some techs.
(but it is surely a great mod)
Realistic Combat/Naval Gunnery/TechTree Revision SubMod (v1.1) for Bsots (mod for Sots 1) http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57039&p=555149#p555149

netmc

Post by netmc » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Just coming back to playing this after a long hiatus... I just want to report an issue I found with ACM and its solution in case anyone else runs into it. I just installed SoTS fresh into c:\SoTS. Installed all the updates, and installed ACM 1.41. My first game started fine, but I wanted to change a few settings, and every new game I started froze a turn 1. I went through and enabled all the races singularly and found out my game was freezing any time the Zuul were in play. After checking a few things, I found that I was running 1.7.1 of SoTS. After installing 1.8.0, everything started working fine.

puglebugle wrote:Found 1 (Very) Hilarious Bug: in 141 ANY

1. Human basic Missile weapon (yes the starting one Missile) deals 50% less damage than all the other races.
(99% probability i am correct, unless there is some other hidden file)

Human players have you noticed that? :D

//edit 1 : not sure about this one, human nuc torpedo dont get warhead upgrades, or all torpedos were not meant to get warhead upgrades but they do...idk//

I can release a bugfix patch, ofc all credits go to Okim.

On a side note...just my personal 2 cents:..some ..of the techs..cough..cough ...are very strangely balanced,,cough,,,,or not balanced at all. (ex: terraforming bacteria vs that industrial one terraforming tech, cough. fusion vs antimatter (fusion T 200 anti T 250 on 20 stars per player (LIIR no exp bonus, i did NOT rushed antimatter, just played peacefully until built eco))
All techcosts were NOT scaled by 10* as written in the manual, or Okim forgot to put that 0 in some techs.
(but it is surely a great mod)

Yes I am interested in a patch if you want to release it.

puglebugle

Post by puglebugle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 am

Hi netmc, hi all

To fix human missile bug (i 99.9% believe its a bug but none other confirmed it).

Simply adjust 1 number in 1 file.
Go to Sword of the stars install folder/Mods/Acm (1.41 or whatewer) / Weapons /

Open weapon file called mis as a text file (open in notepad).

Scroll down to dam
It should look like:

ttl 30
model missile.X
health 5
dam 25
dam_radius 0
mass 50

Rewrite dam 25
to 50

So it will look like:

ttl 30
model missile.X
health 5
dam 50
dam_radius 0
mass 50

P.S. Open exactly file named: mis
Do NOT modify files mis-t, misg etc.

P.S.S.
For a patch i would need more bug confirmations/ approvals / discussion/ its not my mod but Im 99.9% certain this is a bug but not so certain about other things.
Realistic Combat/Naval Gunnery/TechTree Revision SubMod (v1.1) for Bsots (mod for Sots 1) http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57039&p=555149#p555149

Return to “Modding”