ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.

What is your overall opinion of this mod?

Great work!
67%
Good mod, but some things need more work.
28%
Nothing special. Some ideas are interesting, but overall opinion is average.
3%
This is the worst mod i`ve ever played!
1%

Total votes: 367

Clockwork

Re: ACM mod for ANY (1.8). Updated.

Post by Clockwork » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:26 pm

I understand that this mod is no longer under development, but can anybody tell me how I can make police cutters not be so incredibly OP? It seems that they are impossible to hit, immune to PD, and have tremendous HP.

I've managed to get rid of Police Cutter Carriers by removing them from the file as was suggested a few pages back - thank god - but dropping into a system to find 20 of the buggers is a nightmare.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 pm

You can tweak the stats to your liking with some simple text-based modding. Check out the modding wiki for the intro to modding and especially the shipsections page for details. The files in ACM you want to change are *ACM Mod Folder*/Species/*Choose species*/sections/... the planet based fighters are called "lgunship-XXX.shipsection" and the carrier based ones called "interceptor.shipsection", "hunter.shipsection" and "enforcer.shipsection" (in order of strength).

Speed and rotation reductions will make them slower/less manoeuvrable, health reductions easier to destroy. This type of vessel is not subject to PD targeting (as it is type "tarkahunter", not easy to work around).

Tweak as you see fit an ask any detailed questions you still need. Happy modding :)

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks R2dical!

Poking through the files, Zuul don't have the ones you mentioned but 'gunboat1/2/3' (which have whopping 1100, 1600, and 1700 HP respectively o.o).

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:24 pm

NP ;)

I thought it was Zuul you were referring too but you said "police cutter" not "gunboat"...but no matter. Random fact, that exact change was the first mod i ever made, look where that lead :lol:

RJ_SOTS

Post by RJ_SOTS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Anyone have the tech tree image for ACM they can repost. The link on first page isn't working any longer.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:41 pm

As it happens I have my original screenshots, and a 1.37 version.

FYI, you can create your own (and view the whole techtree), quite easily:
1) Open <SOTS Root>\<Mods>\ACM\TechTree\MasterTechList.tech (in notepad, or similar). BACKUP THIS FILE.
2) Find and replace (RP:) with (RP:0" //), between the parentheses.
3) Save the file and run the game. Start a new game and go to research screen.

You will see EVERY tech available, but beware playing in this mode will most likely crash the game after a few turns. You will need to reinstate your backup before loading a save or new game to play as normal. This is essentially what I did to create the screenshots you seen in the "official" ACM techtree image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RJ_SOTS

Post by RJ_SOTS » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 pm

R2dical wrote:As it happens I have my original screenshots, and a 1.37 version.

FYI, you can create your own (and view the whole techtree), quite easily:
1) Open <SOTS Root>\<Mods>\ACM\TechTree\MasterTechList.tech (in notepad, or similar). BACKUP THIS FILE.
2) Find and replace (RP:) with (RP:0" //), between the parentheses.
3) Save the file and run the game. Start a new game and go to research screen.

You will see EVERY tech available, but beware playing in this mode will most likely crash the game after a few turns. You will need to reinstate your backup before loading a save or new game to play as normal. This is essentially what I did to create the screenshots you seen in the "official" ACM techtree image.

Thanks

Okim

Post by Okim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am

Wow. The mod is still being played. That`s nice to know actually :)

As for the gunships - their sole purpose is to be an easily assembled defence force. Any beam weapon or even better - emitter - will deal with the gunships pretty easily. At least it was so :)
Okim`s Studios - a collection of my mods and other projects:
http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm

I've just recently gotten into your mod, Okim. :googly:

There are a lot of errors reported in the log file. Probably most of them can be ignored (perhaps all), but some refer to nonexistent models, others to missing weapons named in the AI files, many to multiply defined sprites (safe?), others to ill-formed .weapon files (was this a way to force planetary missiles to be unused by the AI?), and tones of errors about tech tree roots being of unknown family (all of your new roots - safe?).

The tech-pace is too slow for me, so I'll speed it up a bit for myself, and I'm looking to combine some of the things I did in my mod that I liked. But your mod is ridiculously larger than anything else (one of the reasons I avoided it for a long time).

Hell of a lot of work. Impressive. And fun. Thank you. :D

FWIW, I went through and cut out all of the unnecessary extra strings in the en\strings.csv file, so that there weren't repeats all over the place. Just a bit of clean up work so it's more obvious when wanting to modify a string - which one is to be modified? (the only one that now exists). Many strings were missing quotes around the description text, which led to many strings being truncated at what-should-have-been and embedded comma. I fixed those as well.

EDIT: I've cleaned up a bunch more files. One thing that sticks out - morrigi won't build DEFreighters! Yikes! The morrigi are hamstrung w/o freighters - they need the DE era ones the worst. I can see if they have access to the CR ones early somehow - but they don't. So they're doubly screwed. I re-enabled those, for my version, and will eliminate CR freighters anyway, since they just suck the life out the game having to endlessly upgrade trade routes.

Okim

Post by Okim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:32 pm

That`s great to know.

You can upload this version of yours here if you wish and i`ll put it on the first page as an alternative (upgraded) version of the mod. I`m a bit lazy to start tinkering with the mod, but i have no problems with any improvements made over my mod.

Yeah, that doesn`t sound like me, i know... :)

Okim

Post by Okim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:35 pm

By the way - i had an insight few month ago how it would be cool to come back to modding SOTS and even attempted to make a completelly new type of model for the game: http://lordsofthestars.com/other/persp.png

Unfortunatelly i no longer possess spare time like i was years ago, so this one was never finished and tested in SOTS...

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Greetings Okim!

Nice to see you poking your head in here after all this time :) Even if it is to tease with some more models ;)

Alpha Centauri

Post by Alpha Centauri » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:33 am

That's a beautiful looking ship :)
I'm happy to share whatever I end up doing. My skills are all script & text-file based, so they're modest.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Good to see you here Okim,
Very cool model
Hope all is good. 8)
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

Ferigad

Post by Ferigad » Sat May 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Hey, question about this mod. Is it normal that the researchscreen is missing all the regular icons and background with the mod? It looks a bit odd.

Return to “Modding”