MOD: PHOENIX - UPDATED (v3.4) - 1.8.0. update

Share your mods and tricks of the trade here.
TrashMan

MOD: PHOENIX - UPDATED (v3.4) - 1.8.0. update

Post by TrashMan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:24 pm

A update of the first post is in order.

This MOD is about a terran sub-faction. Basicly survivors from the Nova Maria that managed to get to a far off world. As far as they know Earth is gone. As far as Earth knows, the Nova Maria and everyone on it are gone.
The survivors named themselves the Phoenix and had to do a lot of crazy stuff to survive. From improvization and improvements on existing tech to heavy genetic manipulation.

PHOENIX_ANY, version 2.8

Updated 17.04.2010
>>>DOWNLOAD<<< (11,4 MB) <----- latest version for AMOC (1.7.2)

PHOENIX MOD v3.4 (for 1.8.0) (11.2MB)
Updated 05.12.2010

NOTE
Also includes some tweaks to the default sounds (sounds_ui.csv in Sounds folder), so research screen and battle popup now have different sounds.
research screen sounds has to be small and sort, so regretfully, the full cinema.wav couldn't be used there. The current one doesn't loop as nicely, but it's a placeholder until I find something better.

Music Pack (27 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?enyzly410m5

NOTE - if you don't want to use the music pack, DELETE music.csv in Phoenix/Data, since that file is included as standard

FINISHED SECTION LIST:

-------------------- DESTROYER ----------
DE Armor
DE EAR
DE Colonizer
DE Torpedo
DE Jammer
DE Standard Command
DE Hammerhead
DE DeepScan
DE Firecontrol
DE Battleship
DE Superdriver
DE Spinal Mount
DE Fission
DE Squadron CNC
DE Pulsed Fission
DE Focused Fission
DE Focused Pulsed Fission
DE Fusion
DE Focused Fusion
DE Antimatter
DE Focused Antimatter
DE AI command
DE Wild Weasel
DE Assault Shuttle
DE Biowar
DE Cloak
DEAbsorber
DE Defense Satellite
DE Shield
DE Deflector
DE Disruptor
DE Drone
DE Pursuit
DE Strafe
DE Police Cutter

destroyed engine
destroyed command

-------------------------- CRUISER--------
CR Fission
CR Pulsed Fission
CR Fusion
CR Focused Fission
CR Focused Pulsed Fission
CR Focused Fusion
CR Antimatter
CR Focused Antimatter
CR Battleship
CR Command
CR Hammerhead
CR Battle Bridge
CR Armor
CR Assault
CR Deep Scan
CR Logistics
CR Repair Command
CR Defense Platform
CR Strikeforce CNC
CR Shield
CR Deflector
CR Barrage
CR Firecontrol
CR Torpedo Defense Platform
CR Cloak
CR Absorbtion
CR BioWar
CR BioDome
CR Boarding
CR Mining
CR AI Command
CR Projector
CR Explorer
CR Disruptor
CR Drone
CR COL
CR Strafe
CR Impactor
CR Drone Defense Platform
CR Deeps Scan Platform
CR Blazer
CR Assault Shuttle
CR Freighter
CR Q Freighter

destroyed engine
destroyed command

-------------------DREADNOUGHT----------------
DN Command
DN Armor
DN Fusion
DN Focused Fusion
DN Deflector
DN Assault
DN BattleBridge
DN Battleship
DN Barrage
DN Armada CNC
DN Defense Platform
DN Torpedo Defense Platform
DN Antimatter
DN Focus Antimatter
DN Point Absorber
DN AI Command
DN Siege Driver
DN Projector
DN Flagship
DN Drone
DN EW
DN Support
DN Impactor
DN Drone Sattelite
DN Blazer

--------------------------WEAPONS----------(meshes)

Medium Ion Cannon <--- mass driver & plasma cannon
Ion Cannon <--- heavy drivers
Heavy Ion Cannon <---- Siege Drivers
Heavy Fusion Battery <--- Fusion
Superheavy Mass Driver <--- heavy drivers
Gat. Projectors (all 3 types)
Superheavy Driver -> spinal mounts
AP Stormer
Anti-Matter Bolter
Heavy Laser Cannon
Positron projector
Tactical Missile Launcher

Swarm Drone
Swarm Drone Mk2
Heavy Drone
Advanced Drone
Bomber Drone (for all races)

-------------------------additional weapons (no special models, but special effects)

X-Ray PD - better Pd. Requires X-Ray lasers and PD tech
Adv.Photon torpedo - more powerful version of the photon torpedo. Requires Phot. torp and Fusion cannon
Gattling projector - smaller damage, but a narrower cone of fire and shoots faster.
Vindicator Gattling Laser - requires adv. drone chasis and X-ray lasers
Avenger Gattling Cannon - requires adv. drone chasis and VFR tech
Heavy Ion Cannon - requires Siege Driver Tech
PAC cannon - Anti-capital super-beam. Requires Siege Driver teach.
Shredder cannon (drone mount)
Drone beamer (drone mount)
Drone Torpedo
Drone Bomb
Micro Photon
Quantum Torpedo

SECTIONS THAT THE FACTION WON'T HAVE
- Tanker
- Extended Range
- War (all classes)
- DN Biowar
- Point Defence (all classes)

Setting up your cruiser of death:

MORE IMAGES HERE:
http://ferrium.org/trashman/TMLab/SOTS.html

*** FACTION SPECIFICS: ***

DE Explore and Ressuply (mission)
- a combination of a tanker and extended range. Expensive, but due to it's HUGE tanks it can travel, travel, travel AND travel. And then do some more traveling. It' can't refine tough.

CR Explorer (mission)
A combination of Extended Range and Persuit for cruisers. Lightly armed, but fast. Requires Overthrust.

DE SuperDriver (mission) requirements: Spinal Mount, Heavy Drivers
- basicely a DE sniper. Takes a while to re-charge between shots, but it can pop a Liir cruiser section in one hit. Neutronium rounds upgrade affects it too.
Be real careful how you use those puppies. Fire control or AI command are recommended.

CR Logistics (mission) requirements: repair
- combination of the salvage/repair section and refinery. This thing has got everything packed in. Pricey and poorly defended.

Adv. Drone - twice the firepower of a regular drone. Requires Adv. Drone Chasis

CR Repair Command (command) requirements: repair
- a command section that is designed to store extra repair equipment and spare parts. More repair power for you're fleets long life! Has only 2 small turrets on it.

DE/CR/DN Battleship (mission) requirements: polysilicate, heavy drivers, plasma cannon, Adv. DN Engineering
- the best, most expensive, most powerful section this faction has. Packs almost twice the firepower and armor than a standard armor section. It costs a lot, takes long to build and costs more CP to boot, but it's worth every penny.
The DN BB section is specific in that it's the only section that uses HUGE turrets. They come standard equipped with a Heavy Fusion Battery, but you can put some other weapons in there too.

With HICannons and Admatium alloys, a Battle Bridge/BB/Node focus AM DN can cost almost 6 million. Without those it comes closer to 3-3,5 million.

OTHER SPECIFICS:
- no F-Pathing - Node Focusing is the only engine upgrade, but has been made more expensive. Their drives have increased range and reduced speed compared to stock humans.

- Colonizers give some more infrastructure (2 for DE, 4 for CR)

- expensive DE Torpedo, but has 2 launch tubes.

- Wild Weasel doubles as PD section

- no CR Minelayer
- no Point-Defense sections
- no War sections
- no DN Biowar
Last edited by TrashMan on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 77 times in total.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Okim

Post by Okim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Basicly survivors from the Nova Maria that managed to get to a far off world. As far as they know Earth is gone. As far as Earth knows, the Nova Maria and everyone on it are gone.

Everyone saw what happened to Nova Maria :) Hiver did not give it any chances of survival...

Low Industry, High ship costs, High ship mantainance, Low Growth, small ship crews.
PROS: Excellent ships, specialized sections.

Race specifics are hardcoded values and though you cannot modify them (at least i have not seen any new races in the mods yet with different drive schematics and i/o, production values).

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 pm

Yyou just think you saw it blow up. :wink: the crew is crafty indeed...and lucky...that's all I'm gonna say for now....once I get a bit of time I'll write a fanfic about that.

Hmmm... so I can't reduce output? then I'll make everything even more expensive for them. problem solved.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:38 pm

As Okim said you can't directly change a races I/O, Maintanence, or Pop Growth factors.

But you can simulate it by giving them extremly low chances for the bio and industrial techs.
Another way to simulate low industry is to make all their ships have a high "cpoints" value.
This value is the cost versus the colonies I/O used to determine how fast a ship can be built.

Not sure how to implement the planetary feature of the Security bots, and the only way I can think of to increase ship security is to increase the "crew" value of the ship section.
Unfortunetly I know of no way to do this as a global upgrade. (which is what I assume you want?)

Dumb AI could work but AI fire control needs the "requires CCC_AIFrCon" line to get the Accurancy bonus.
Which means you'll need to research CCC_AIFrCon, and I don't think you can remove the chance to rebel from it...

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:02 pm

Hmm....suckorz...but I'll take what I can get..

Can I make another tech (NOT AI Fire control, but another that just look the same) and remove the flags from it? Or are the flags hard-coded too? :P

Okim

Post by Okim » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:12 am

You can make a tech "AI Slavery" to become auto-researched right after you have researched the main "AI" tech. This should automaticly neglect all AI rebelions in your empire.

Okim

Post by Okim » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:14 am

Almost all bonuses to ships are hardcoded. So, for example, you cannot make a new AI section and give it desired bonuses without making it rebelious.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 am

Okim wrote:You can make a tech "AI Slavery" to become auto-researched right after you have researched the main "AI" tech. This should automaticly neglect all AI rebelions in your empire.

Nah, that would make the faction too good.

How's the Official Fan Mod race handling these things anyway?

DragonFly

Post by DragonFly » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:48 am

As it is offical I think kerberos are codeing stuff (well they would have to to have an extra race anyways lol)

Your base seems kinda flawed to me. Even if the entire crew survide and found a suitable planet that is way to few people to start a civilisation.

Also I exspect large amounts of technology would have been lost setting them years behind Earth.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

DragonFly wrote:As it is offical I think kerberos are codeing stuff (well they would have to to have an extra race anyways lol)

Your base seems kinda flawed to me. Even if the entire crew survide and found a suitable planet that is way to few people to start a civilisation.
f/quote]

Where did you get that from? There's no proof that 400-500 individuals can't form a functioning society.
Genetic diversity might be a problem in the begning, but natural and artifical mutations can level the playing board.

Besides, how do you explain a 10000000 ppl colony emerging from a single tiny 80 ppl colony ship???

Also I exspect large amounts of technology would have been lost setting them years behind Earth.

Maby. It was stated the the crew of hte Nova Maria were the best and brightest. Besides...you fail to take into account...other possible factors.

Slasher
Platinum Post

Post by Slasher » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:56 am

TrashMan wrote:Besides, how do you explain a 10000000 ppl colony emerging from a single tiny 80 ppl colony ship???

Massive inbreeding? Unless you can just factor in immigration from other habbited planets of course. Then it would just be immigration...

Trust me, inbreeding will never become less of factor because of natural mutations and the ethical ramifications of "correcting flaws in the genome" as a way to make people smarter or stronger are pretty iffy to most sane humans... Can you say "Ãœbermensch?"

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Well, technicly didn't we all stem from a rather small group of life forms that expanded with time?
I guess inbreeding had been pretty common in humanities past and I don't see anything wrong with how we turned out....
*looks at humanities history and skimms trouhg various TV channels*
ERm...I take that back.

With 500 ppl you could have a decent base for a PLANNED procreaton to maximize diversity.. and yes, with genetic manipulation you could increase diversity artificially.. And I somehow doubt that if the very survaval of the human race was at stake that the survivors wouldn't use every friggin trick in the book.

Now...anything else to commnet besides inbreeding?

DragonFly

Post by DragonFly » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:49 pm

If I took a group of 500 people and somehow imprinted everything we know into there minds so they don't forget they would still be miles behind.

Given the time frame I somhow dout theres more than a few million of them total so how would they stand a chance against everyone else with billions?

Also how do you intend to get a 6th race into the game anyways?

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Wasn't Earth bombs to shreads....killing billions...and a world war (or something) before that?
IIRC, the humans were pterry thinned but they bounced back rather fast.

@DragonFly - well, I don't want to spoil the story I have in my head (planned to write a fanfic story) but tehy do "find" some resources for a head start. And let's not forget tehy have a modern colonizer - just what you need to start a colony - with tools and stuff.

Sure, they would be outnumbered, badly.. Sure tehy would expand slower. But they would be tougher (their ships and defenses) to compensate.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm

I simple solution to this arguement is to place the mod at some point in the SOtS future... Given enough time the Nova Maria colony could become a fully functional world.
So just say that as a result of the escape they found an isolated world hidden from the rest of the galaxy.
Maybe the system is surrounded by a hollow sphere of radar reflecting nedula, or something. Be creative.

Return to “Modding”