how active is the online community?

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
gunnyfreak

how active is the online community?

Post by gunnyfreak » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi... sots newbie here... thinking of grabbing my own copy... (been playing on friend's copy till now)

Since I've already had a few games of SP, I don't think the game's gonna last me very long without online...

so I'm wondering, how many games can generally be found online at any given time?
will I have to set up games here or is it practical enough to just go online and join random games?
will games generally be done in a session? or is it common to save and make another section later?
what size are the games? are they generally small (100 stars or so)? so they can be done faster?

I can't rly get access to sots right now since my friend is unavailable at the time and will be for idk how long...

so if someone can give me some info just from personal experience i'd be very grateful.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: how active is the online community?

Post by Mecron » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 pm

does your "friend" have an eyepatch? :lol: sorry, couldn't resist.

gunnyfreak

Post by gunnyfreak » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 am

Mecron wrote:does your "friend" have an eyepatch? :lol: sorry, couldn't resist.

no... he does have glasses tho...

EDIT: OOH! thats wat u meant... no i didnt pirate it

:bangdesk:

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 am

Heya

There are typically 4-20 games on line at a time, however only are few a non-passworded games.

I would suggest that you start a game, and see who joins.

Or spend some time around the forums and seeing if any of those names look familiar in the online games that are open.

Get your own copy of the game at home instead of your friends place, and you've likely got one player online when the two of you are around... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am

The best advice I can give is start a thread to see who is interested in a game like http://65.61.201.5/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20442&sid=7da35f6cdf30cf9998680c224cec39d6
Myself, LordD, and a few others have been playing regularly (mostly, I've missed a few games) and it took very little effort to set up.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

gunnyfreak

Post by gunnyfreak » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm

thx for the answers guys... I'd probably just end up just holding out for 2 tho...

Sniperski

Post by Sniperski » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 am

I host games on european evenings whenever I have time (which sadly isn't too often these days), you're always welcome to join. I don't password unless it's a modded game and in that case you can ask me over x-fire or steam (same nick) for the password.

The multiplayer community has been getting steadily better and more populated the last few years, and the game is easily one of the best 4x ever. So don't necessarily wait for II, there's plenty of enjoyment left to be had with prime :twisted:
Not only does God play dice with the world—He does not let us see what He has rolled.

Stanislaw Lem

Blackwarder

Post by Blackwarder » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

I just played with Sniper (my first serious multiple game yay!) and it was a blast, thanks mate for hosting.

Gunny younshould defiantly buy prime and join us for a few games, it's nothing like playing against the computer.

Warder

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Sniper is an awesome member of the MP community and a gracious host as well as a tough opponent :thumbsup:

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:26 am

Kinda wish I still had time for mp... But, between job and gf... Yeah, it's a bit rough...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Blackwarder

Post by Blackwarder » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:22 am

zanzibar196 wrote:Kinda wish I still had time for mp... But, between job and gf... Yeah, it's a bit rough...

Clearly your priority order isn't right. 8)

Warder

Sagerk

Post by Sagerk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:Kinda wish I still had time for mp... But, between job and gf... Yeah, it's a bit rough...

Same here, never tried MP, would love to but between the wife, work and my 1 yr old son I don't think I'd last long ;)

Sniperski

Post by Sniperski » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Thank you Mec! :oops: [Blushes]
Not only does God play dice with the world—He does not let us see what He has rolled.

Stanislaw Lem

Gibimus Prime

Post by Gibimus Prime » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 am

How awesome is it that the lead designer plays online? I mean, seriously. I've been playing this game for what seems like non-stop since 2008, and I can't get enough. I buy every 4x game that comes out, and this one is still left at the top of the pile. And yet, I've only ever played like one multiplayer game and lost HORRIBLY. I'm good at Singleplayer, but MP is a big jump in skill. I would love to play more online though.
Someone's dirty, naughty hands have been here.

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”