Webhosting in SOTS I gone?

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
Martock

Webhosting in SOTS I gone?

Post by Martock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 am

Tried starting up an online game I've been hosting with a friend and got the message it's no longer supported. Is this a temporary issue or a permanent one? If permanent, what other options do I have to be able to play this game over the web?

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Webhosting in SOTS I gone?

Post by silvaril » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 am

Heya

Being reviewed now over in Tech Support:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38574
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Black_Falcon

Post by Black_Falcon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 pm

This is permanent issue.Until servers are again up u can play with your friend using a program called Logmein Hamachi.This is how it works:
1-You create a server and tell to ur friend the ID and password of the server so he can join.
2-Both u run the game and one of you host a multiplayer via LAN
3-After this the other player click join manually and write the IP the host has on Hamachi.
4-He joins and play the game!
If there is an error called Connection timed out go to file location directory of the SOTS and open sots.ini(configuration settings)and add here the following things:
[Network]
HeartbeatPeriod=2000
ConnectionTimeout=120000
If ur pc has 2 processors then add the following on Sots.ini
[CPU]
ForceSingleCore=1
Hope this helps and something to end this. I LOVE :any: :amoc: :bob: :sots1:
Also if u are thinking of playing on hamachi im ready :) in every moment.My name is <Marshmallow>

ryanhis

Post by ryanhis » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:03 am

Can't quite figure out if there's a username system, or friends on Hamachi. But, as far as I can tell, there isn't. At any rate, i've been looking for people to play SOTS with. Black_Falcon, if you're still looking, I'd love to hear from you. If anyone else is looking, shoot me an email, or add me on xfire/skype. The username is Ryanhis for both. Looking forward to hearing from somebody :D

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”