Looking to play a game with somebody :D

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
Warcat

Re: Looking to play a game with somebody :D

Post by Warcat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 pm

You're welcome Filippe! We use GR just to set up the game. AFAIK there are tons of other ways to open a chat. No issue for me about this (provided I'm able to run it, of course...)

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:53 pm

me and R2dical already started a game , but i believe we can resume it later for a 3v3, me, R2dical and you against the other 3 races of the game? i play Morrigi and on the last game i've been with R2dical he played Tarkas, this could be very interesting.
Also, R2dical recomended me a Mod called ACM i started to play it, my first impressions were good, but the mod greatly slows down research :snooty: the last time i checked fusion was 159 turns away, and i was at 100% spending on research :( My style of gameplay was ruined in this mod :yell: , but i would like to give a MP try of this mod
“To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow.” - Metrodorus of Chios (400BC)

“If two ships are enough to do the job; bring ten.” - Steel

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Yeah me and warcat finished our game the other day, we should all set up a time this week to play a 3v3.

ACM does affect the research time quite alot. If you want a nice way to change them, especially for smaller maps, try the Save Editor (Attached). Start a game, and save when you enter the game. Load the save file into the editor, go to the players tab and increase the number in the "research scale" column. This is the value you can set with the slider but the editor lets you set any value you want, id say 5 - 10 is a good range for original type research times. It also lets you change a number of factors which can help with more/less difficulty.

Also attached is the ACM tech tree incase you need a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks for the tech tree! now i know what to research for the Stellar Converter!(Old MOO2/MOO3 player) :twisted: which time you guys online tomorrow? i'll be online most of the day(waiting the selection of a university i wish to attend :noid: )my local time is GMT -2. from 09:00am to 08:00pm. i'll maintain my GR online at these times
Last edited by Filippe999 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow.” - Metrodorus of Chios (400BC)

Warcat

Post by Warcat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 pm

I usually am online in the evening during the week, 9.00 - 11.00pm (GMT+1), even if with R2dical we played well after then...
Weekends are a bit over for me right now

A 3vs3 coop sounds good, a hard AI or some AI starting bonuses to put some pepper in the mix, small map (10 - 15 stars per player) to keep game short...

My username in GR is warcat

Filippe999

Post by Filippe999 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Warcat wrote:I usually am online in the evening during the week, 9.00 - 11.00pm (GMT+1), even if with R2dical we played well after then...
Weekends are a bit over for me right now

A 3vs3 coop sounds good, a hard AI or some AI starting bonuses to put some pepper in the mix, small map (10 - 15 stars per player) to keep game short...

My username in GR is warcat

which of those warcats are you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Warcat

Post by Warcat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Wow, I thought that there could be only one username at a time!

I'm the fourth of your list (3577833 warcat)...

Shadez

Post by Shadez » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:55 pm

I've been looking for people to play with! Is there any IRC channel or steam group, or GameRanger chat channel I'm missing where I could find people who play SOTS? My Gameranger email is "tic_tok@hotmail.com" should come up under Shadez, I'll try to be on to see if anyone is willing to play.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Add me on GameRanger (Account: 3672773), myself and a few others use it as a lobby to start games, although we haven't played in a while. Gameranger doesn't actually work with sots, its just a convenient meet client, the only way to do MP currently is old-fashioned direct connect to host. Maybe drop a post, or send me a PM, if you wanna set up a game so I know to start GR ;)

Conqueror22

Post by Conqueror22 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 am

Hi guys.I see ur having troubles finding a way to play MP.I actually found a way to make it work.All u need is a software called Logmein Hamachi.Hamachi gives every player an IP.Now 1 player creates a network and the others join.Now all of the players have to run the game and someone hosts a game in LAN.The other players have to join manually by entering the IP of the HOST!! in the bar.If u have any error like Connection Timeout u have to modify the sots.ini file.It should look like this :

[Modules]
Mount1=sots_local_en.gob
Mount2=sots.gob
[Locale]
Language=EN
[Network]
HeartbeatPeriod=2000
ConnectionTimeout=120000
[CPU]
ForceSingleCore=1

This worked for me and i hope it works for u as well ;)

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”