Some wishful Kerberos related speculation

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Ludovsky

Re: Some wishful Kerberos related speculation

Post by Ludovsky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm

I've been trying to spread the word among some of my own gaming/board gaming friends a bit. Hoping it'll catch their interest ^^;

On re: sidescroller thing I have to admit the mention of word metroidvania suddenly brought to me mental images of a platforming/sidescroller version of the Pit(or similar "alien derelict facility) where some of the different characters could even get their own movement abilities. I certainly could imagine an Hiver warrior with wall-clinging/climbing ability to hold onto a ledge while taking pot shots at enemies bellow in the derelict terrain.

And I could certainly imagine something with a Morrigi and that gravity tech of theirs in sight of a deep borehole within the facility. Or even just the ways they could uses that narrow flexible body to slink around large airducts and the like(though something tells me that might be too much claustrophobia for a morrigi?)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Unfortunately, as we have established a few times now, casually asking our closest friends once or twice doesn't seem to establish the critical mass that any crowd sourcing plan requires. It seems like evangelists were on to something when they decided "Hey, lets go on and on about crap only we care about till someone else cares about it just to shut us up!" :lol:

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

If you have specific suggestions, let's hear them. Most of us here probably aren't social butterflies with thousands of followers on whatever social media platform.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 pm

As with most of my answers about making things work, I have no other thoughts than effort.

MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm

There is a huge board gaming scene these days. Sending a few prototypes to key people in the industry might go a long way. Make sure people like the dice tower, undeadviking, the discriminating gamer, jongetsgames, grey elephant gaming, box of delights (ricky royal),maybe shut up and sit down, Doug Herring, marcowargamer heck even maybe Rahdo, all aware of the game and the kickstarter. If you manage to get the kickstarter featured on board game breakfast, a weekly series on youtube by the dice tower, it would be huge. (it has a segment with various kickstarters each week) Board game geek also probably has various groups that could be interested. I'm gonna share the campaign in my relevant social groups, though I'm Greek and there aren't big numbers of people here, but anything to see a proper Sots III!

I wish you good luck!
War..
War never changes..

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Many thanks and thanks for the info. We have reached out to a few of those folks but will certainly add your data points. Its also a good list for fans to ask to see our stuff covered there as well.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 am

Would it be useful to create a website or something where people could register intention to contribute to a future Kickstarter campaign for a given project that you're seriously thinking about, like SotS: the Pit 2 or SotS 1 HD? Zombie Orpheus Entertainment did something like that for their Journeyquest Season 3 Kickstarter, and it was up and waiting for a year and something for enough people to indicate they'd contribute something before they ran the Kickstarter. Even then, they only squeaked over by $5k, but that suggests imo that they probably would have failed if they'd tried earlier before awareness had percolated as much as it did.
I think the way they set it up was that they didn't ask how much each person was planning to contribute and instead just looked at the average per person contribution from their previous campaigns in the same franchise (ie. for Seasons 1 and 2) and so set their goal for 'number of people committed to contributing something' based on that average contribution and the total that they'd be running the campaign for.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Interesting strategy but I would be worried about awareness fatigue.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 pm

What if you had 1 website for all your projects with the main page just holding massive banner links for each project under consideration? You could let everyone on your mailing lists/social media/etc. aware of the site when you first put it up, then let people check it occasionally as their level of interest dictated to see how close projects they liked were to viable levels of support and what new project concepts had been added to the main page? From there, a couple references to it on your Kickstarters' FAQs or some campaign updates could make people aware of the system without beating them over the head with it.

To be fair, I don't remember what measures Zombie Orpheus Entertainment took to protect from scammers/bots (which seemed to work, seeing how long it took to reach the viable number of signatures and that the Kickstarter succeeded with about 1.25 times as many contributors had signed on the site), but I imagine they'd be open to talking with you as fellow Pacific Northwesterners, even across the heavily contested border! :P

Please let me know if I'm being overagressive with this idea. I sometimes struggle to gauge what's healthy advocacy for an idea I'm sure is valuable and what's stubborn and obnoxious crusading for a pet cause.

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”