Mapping the Community

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Rorschach
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Mapping the Community

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:02 pm

This post could also be titled Where My Dogs At?

Frappr is a nifty tool that combines Google maps with some community functions. Basically it allows us all to map our locations and see just where all these wacky community people live. So come on over, sign up and show us where you're living.

http://www.frappr.com/swordofthestars

OF-pathfinder

Post by OF-pathfinder » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:59 pm

:D Just got frappr-ed :shock:

Faenaris

Post by Faenaris » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:02 pm

There sure is a lot of distance between everyone. :)

Agent
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Agent » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:57 am

Poor battleknight, his place of residence is not mapped completely. :(
Ï€ - This is pi. My sig is now irrational.
The Iron Chef has the solution to the hiver menace.

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Poor silvaril, so far from everyone.

And Waterloo Ontario is much better than Kitchener Ontario. For one thing, Waterloo has two universities, Kitchener has none. Sure, they share the same border, but they're not the same city...but if they are, that city is Waterloo. :P
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." -Terry Pratchett

Faenaris

Post by Faenaris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Agent wrote:Poor battleknight, his place of residence is not mapped completely. :(

Lol! Yeah, it is Belgium, a small speck on the map. I don't blame them. :)

Doubler
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Doubler » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Heh, I can't even accurately place that pin on the map... There only seem to be some three or so cities in my area documented :)

Bossman
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Bossman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:01 pm

BattleKnight wrote:
Agent wrote:Poor battleknight, his place of residence is not mapped completely. :(

Lol! Yeah, it is Belgium, a small speck on the map. I don't blame them. :)

But Belgium is where frenched fries were invented. It's important!

And Doubler, you can move the pin around if its not in the right spot. Or is it that the road you live on isn't shown on the fully zoomed in map?

I've acurately marked my house. If you want to stalk me, do it two weeks from now because I'm leaving for London tomorrow night. (And if I catch a stalker, I'll meet them with a reverse-blade sword.)

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 pm

Bossman wrote:And Doubler, you can move the pin around if its not in the right spot.

Woot! Though I can't change the name of the city displayed on the map, my own address is marked with pinpoint precision! (literally :P ) FYI, if a stalker got a hold of that, I wouldn't have any rest.

And I highly doubt you guys can just "drop in", though I wouldn't turn you away. The closest one to me is Writer, and he lives just south of Ottawa. That's about 6 hours away from where I live. I do make a lot of trips to Ottawa...though I don't see how I can make further, seeing as I no longer know where my friend lives there. In addition he has gone internet incommunicado, not even posting on the board where we met. Doesn't answer his email (and he told me as much), doesn't get on ICQ. Hell, he hasn't even updated his ICQ info. In addition, his number is listed under his old address...I may have to hire a professional for this.

And no, I am not a stalker. If I was, I'd have already hired the detective, moved to Ottawa, and in the meantime have oggled the pictures until my eyeballs bleed. He's just very busy, with a job that eats his hours, a kid and many bills to pay. He plays World of Warcraft, and I play it as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out what server he plays on, I just know it's a Roleplaying server. Even though I was reading off a list of server names, he couldn't remember.

Regardless, it's been too long since we've been in contact. It's tough, because he's the only real friend that I have.
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Faenaris

Post by Faenaris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:31 pm

Have you tried contacting his family or relatives? They should have a clue as to where he lives. I had the same problem as you and I found the person I was looking for through his friend in the boyscouts.

Doubler
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Doubler » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:09 pm

And Doubler, you can move the pin around if its not in the right spot.
Actually, I didn't. :D
You can guide a missile through my bedroom window on that pin now :P

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:11 pm

I have contacts with his friends, but I've been out of contact with them. Mostly it's because of a falling out with the board we both post to. While I'm sure most people there don't think ill of me, I still have no idea how I relate there anymore. It's a disconcerting feeling, to say the least, because I still identify myself as part of that group. So, I've been a little gingerly with regards to contacting them, partly because I have the nagging suspicion that they never really moved and this is all a coordinated attempt to throw me off. I keep telling myself it's not true, but I keep thinking it, and I don't want to ask his friends and hear "Moved? What are you talking about? He hasn't moved."

And that is why I am a neurotic mess. To be fair, I was a different kind of neurotic mess before I met these people. They have a reputation for insanity, in inspiring it and enjoying it. It's part of what I like about 'em.

Curious? I'm not telling. :P Well, not any more than I already have...

Regardless, I'll try calling his folks at home. They live here, as I got to know him when he was living here, with them. Still, 'twill be awkward.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

JeffHCross
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by JeffHCross » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 pm

Pleb, you don't live too far from me ... don't make me mad!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 pm

ahh I love to see those lil pins spread across the globe...makes me want to include the link as part of the registration package when the game goes out. :wink:

Agent
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Agent » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:48 am

When I last checked the map, they added a pin color option, with each color representing a race (i guess) so you might wanna check the map again :)
Ï€ - This is pi. My sig is now irrational.
The Iron Chef has the solution to the hiver menace.

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”