Attention Dog Soldiers

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
castewar
Kerberos

Attention Dog Soldiers

Post by castewar » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:11 pm

We've been talking around here and we've had a thought;

Marvel has their Zombies and Wizard has their Footsoldiers, so we're looking for Dog Soldiers. Unlike Marvel and Wizard, we're ready to hand out some rewards.

The idea is that we're going to hand out points when people help get the word out. Get a mini-poster up at the local gaming store? We give you a point. That sort of thing - just think up ways to tell people who may be interested in SotS (poster up at the old-folks home? No points) and we start handing out points, and then you can hand in those points for buttons, stickers, mugs, posters, t-shirts (yes, t-shirts) and something special, but we haven't figured out what yet. Cash in quick for the little stuff or save up for the big stuff, that's up to you. The more impressive the job, the more we're willing to reward. So, be creative and for the love of God, don't kill anyone.

To get the ball rolling, our hard working Kerbicron Clerics have all ready earned themselves each five points - five points can get a person a set of all four race buttons. And it just goes upwards from there.

So, start thinking, start spreading the word, and start recording it all here (we love SotS and we love seeing it all over the place, so show us what you hath wrought.)

Thanks gang!

Dismissed!

The Swag!

Agent - 36 points
atheu - 3
Blazer - 3 points
Bossman - 5 points
Buatha - 3 points
carch - 15 points
cathexis - 5 points
Chantertwo - 5 points
Chariot - 1 point
Chris - 2 points
Dagon - 2 points
Darth Meatloaf - 5 points
Dar25 - 2 points
Dark Trooper - 2 points
Dereknor - 10 points
Dervman - 10 points
Dirt Gunfrey - 25 points
dreadmime - / points
Faenaris - 5 points
Gouka - 12 points
GoNzOTW - 2 points
kordesh - 1 point
kontaro - 3 points
LOrageOrange - 2 points
Mango - 2 points
Martinl - 10 points
Nspace - 9 points
Patton1942 - 2 points
pcmonkey - 3 points
Pibbles - 17 points
Rorschach - 5 points
Roninx - 1 points
Shagohad - 5 points
silvaril - 9 points
Slasher - 10 points
Spitfire_ch -10 points
Spoon - 4 points
Starwolf247 - 5 points
Tssha - 3 points
Toolman -10 points
The Writer2 - 5 points
Ubernoob - 2 points
Weasel - 5 points
Werrf - 5 points
xxerzengel -10 points
Zabaron - 2 point
zanzibar196 - 4 points
Last edited by castewar on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 25 times in total.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Who let the dogs out!!!

Post by silvaril » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 pm

Heya

How much for walking into every single game store in Wellington CBD and asking after both the game and the Publisher.

(which I did the day after the publisher was announced... no reason... ;p )
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:06 pm

ONE POINT! (wait? how many games stores is that? :wink: )

(and thanks! that was very cool of you)

cathexis
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by cathexis » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:20 pm

I've been pimping the game to my friends while trying not to sound too much like a fanboy. Once finals are over, I'm gonna spend some portion of my break spreading the SotS lovin' I'll get back to you with my results.

Also, for anyone here who hasn't seen the movie Dog Soldiers should rent a copy and see it. Now! It's AMAZING!
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed.
The lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

LOrageOrange

Post by LOrageOrange » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:34 pm

cathexis wrote:I've been pimping the game to my friends while trying not to sound too much like a fanboy.

Ditto here. My roomates (one of which introduced me to H: C (and the other two are gamers)) have heard that "some of the same people who made Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm are making Sword of the Stars" at least once. :D

This may be slightly tangential, but will Kerberos people or material be at the upcoming Game Developers Conference? That would be a great place to get the word out.
"Oooh, you walk in the parks of many gods. I will build something extra large to explode with my suprise." -Kang the Mad

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:57 pm

camera shots of posters printed and put up or moments of valour...like blocking a bridge with your sots sign at rush hour...of course help in validation and scoring;) By the end of the day we will be supplying poster printout materials for you to dload and get printed at your end to put up if you want.

And yes GDC is covered...though anyone in the neighourhood who would splash up some miniposters would certain score big dog solder points;)

DeckPrism
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by DeckPrism » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:19 am

How about an amature version of the unpimp my ride comercials hosted on the net? See the thread here http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... .php?t=291

Don't see the connection yet? Stay with me. Someone in a white lab coat says things like "KP in da house.", complete with finger signs. You see some gamer with an old computer that has some noteable spreadsheet based game on the screen. The lab guy says in a heavy fake german accent, "You vant I should unspreadsheet da game, say vhat?" Followed by the what and destruction of the old computer with a hot new computer with some screenshot of SOTS on it. "Canadian Engineering." The humor aspect to it would be key to attracting views.

3 commercials for the price of 3 destroyed old computers (monitors at least), video equipment, web hosting, and some better choreography/scripting. Way beyond me, but maybe not one of your clerics.

Other lines to consider, "game over", "space out", "Vhat does dis do? It <insert sarcastic micromanagement comment from Mecron>. Dat's not wunderbar!", "It looks like it could land on die moon. <followed by a fake cannon shot>", etc.

Ok, I liked the comercials. Take the idea or leave it.

Edit: I suppose you could try a Canadian or french Canadian accent, but I don't know how funny that would be.

Edit 2: Let me be clear, I do not have the ability to make this. I'm the idea guy (unoriginal at that). So if anyone else want to make this, go for it.

Edit 3: Picture this, a gamer wearing a matrix t-shirt leaning back in his chair in front of the spreadsheet game and expounding "When I see all the numbers it reminds me that in the matrix I can be just like Neo." Does some bad kung-fu with his hands. The lab guy replaces the computer with one running SOTS, which the gamer starts to play driving a fleet toward a planet. The lab guy throws away a spoon as he says "There is no speadsheet." :idea:
Last edited by DeckPrism on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do not let light shine on your opponents mind through a hole in your body.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:22 am

you miss the point of the topic somewhat...great idea! Now go do it! :wink:

Rorschach
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Rorschach » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:28 am

DeckPrism wrote:How about an amature version of the unpimp my ride comercials hosted on the net? See the thread here http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... .php?t=291

It could be interesting... and very, very scary.
Last edited by Rorschach on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:31 am

lol well if he could make that commercial on his own and post it to the web...I think there might be a few points in it. lol. Again folks...this is meant mostly as a fun way to earn a lil swag. And a good way to get some fun pictures posted in here as well. ;)

SSgtScott

Post by SSgtScott » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:10 am

Do these random acts of marketing have to be semi permanent or can they be something one-shot? I have some ideas involving the F-15s I work on but I would have to do it, get the picture, and then undo it.
Field promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, Dawg Force Testing Brigade
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." -Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:17 am

lol the pic would be worth it alone;) As long as you wont get in trouble if its posted online of course.

SSgtScott

Post by SSgtScott » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:47 am

Cool. It might take me a week or two to work out the logistics, but they should be some nice pics. 8)
Field promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, Dawg Force Testing Brigade
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." -Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Avatar_Squadron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:16 am

Ive been spreading the word to all my gamer friends. Agents here... does that count?

So... how about if i goto the website known as facebook (a silly college personal directory) and send messages to everything that has gaming in their profiles a link and promotional message. And/or maybe do that to the MSN member directory. Anything?
"May Server watch over us, protect us, and guide our smart munitions"

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 am

mmm since I hate spam...I tend to be tense about people sending out stuff electronically. This contest is kind of skewed towards doing things in the real world. :wink:

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”