Attention Dog Soldiers

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
The Writer2
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by The Writer2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:19 am

You're always free to use the community-made and official promo posters here. ;)

Of course...you'd need to do the printing yourself. That costs money you know! :P

Damn, which reminds me...Gah. I really wanted to hit downtown Ottawa with SotS posters, but living a good hour's drive away certainly complicated matters. :?
Image Image Image

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." -- Arthur Schopenhauer

"Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going?"

Chantertwo

Post by Chantertwo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Well, this was a big shocker...

Today I got a call from Gamestop, they actually said that the little stand I set up was OUT of demo disks, and they wanted MORE. To boot, they even said they'll consider stocking the game.

So, here I am, burning more CD's...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Give that chanter 5 points!

castewar
Kerberos

Post by castewar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:17 am

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but Carch's press release ended up on Blues News. At least, I think it was Blues News. A mix of luck and chutzpah = 15 points. Nice work!

Mister_Pibbles
Kerbicron Cleric - 1st Berzerker Chow - Intern
Kerbicron Cleric - 1st Berzerker Chow - Intern

Post by Mister_Pibbles » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:03 pm

I put the demo up on my school's FTP server under "Windows XP Software". I give, and under the Physics FTP server as well. Now all the incoming freshmen will see "Sword of the Stars Demo" next to MS Office 2003... at least until someone asks why there's a game demo on the FTP server.

Blazer
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Blazer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:11 pm

That is great... I wish someone would put fun software on my school server! :(

PS Playing the game when I have a minute to catch my breathe. Congrats on a job well done! Maybe I'll be able to catch some of you online this weekend.

Cheers.

Phase

Post by Phase » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:36 pm

Don't know if anybody else plays Eve, but I put up a post (in the Out of Pod forum) drawing peoples attention to the Demo...

Figured other people there might be intterested... and if I'd never heard of the game myself I'd love to have my attention drawn to it.

If anybody else here plays Eve, adding a positive comment would probably be good support...

(Don't need any points since I doubt I'll collect enough to make it worth anything :P )

Kordesh

Post by Kordesh » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:15 am

Phase wrote:Don't know if anybody else plays Eve, but I put up a post (in the Out of Pod forum) drawing peoples attention to the Demo...

Figured other people there might be intterested... and if I'd never heard of the game myself I'd love to have my attention drawn to it.

If anybody else here plays Eve, adding a positive comment would probably be good support...

(Don't need any points since I doubt I'll collect enough to make it worth anything :P )

I used to play Eve, but then I couldn't really find much to do, and my corpmates started being asshats, so I just left. You should drop some cargo cans called "Sword of the stars" =p.

I dropped a post off in the xfire forums seeing if I could drum up some interest.

Kordesh

Post by Kordesh » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:43 am

I sent e-mail out to Penny Arcade to see if they would mention the release in a news post considering they have done so several times before with the demo and have an advertisement up on the right for you guys. I also sent one to Ctrl-Alt-Del to see if Tim would check it out and perhaps make mention of it or at least review it. Would love it if either of those bore fruit but I think it would take alot more requests to get them to actualy stumble across and read one.

g33kst4r

Post by g33kst4r » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 am

Well SOTS is a later release in Australia.

But I cut a demo CD for a friend who is big in online gaming in Australia, he liked the demo and is promoting it.

Some of his online buds work with EB etc in Sydney..who "apparently" have pushed for it...

Also the demo came out this week on a PC Gamers mag [Oz mag]

BTW is my fiction piece worth any points?

g33kst4r
Captain of the cloaked Cruiser Damocles
--
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere

hcf

Post by hcf » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:02 pm

I was astonished there hasn't been a single mention out of PA yet.

I also noticed that the banner add for SotS didn't seem to show up anymore (I hit refresh a couple times and got neither GC2 nor SotS...just a smattering of others).

So I wonder if there's a problem there (or my bad luck).

hcf's email to Tycho wrote:You are playing that proletariat 'Saints Row' when Sword of the Stars has been released? When it is now showing up in the retail, and opening day patch issues are behind us?

This is low hanging fruit for bourgeous tastes, perfectly ripened, decadent and succulent.

Saints Row?

Really. I had no idea you were that sort.

Boolean

Post by Boolean » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:16 pm

Uhm, isn't it spelled Bourgeoisie?

But yeah, I am rather surprised that Penny Arcade hasn't said anything at all. Tycho was the one who first piqued my interest in this game, whatwith his gushing praise of it. Yet he remains silent. Hmmm... I smell a conspiracy!

hcf

Post by hcf » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:29 pm

bourgeois.

the '-e' ending makes it effeminine (not 'sie').

damnit. I always screw up on those french words. We should have carpet bombed that country out of existence and burned their dictionaries.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:04 pm

I vote we change the word to freedomuise!

The Writer2
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by The Writer2 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:42 am

Bourgeois, bourgeoisie, freedomuise...you're starting to make my head hurt. :? *takes a seat and slowly drinks a bottle of beaujolais*
Image Image Image

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." -- Arthur Schopenhauer

"Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going?"

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”