PCGamer quick article SOTS2: Enhanced

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Space Voyager

Re: PCGamer quick article SOTS2: Enhanced

Post by Space Voyager » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 am

Adamfostas wrote:It's a re-review of a game that was a mess at launch. Quite frankly, we're lucky it happens at all. Journalists don't owe Kerberos anything; in order to get them to take the game seriously they'd need to put in some serious PR.

Agree completely. When the game is released, the reviewers have a job to do, and they (ideally) do it based on the state of the game as is. If a review is late, it is nice if it describes the game updated to date.

The Magus wrote:Journalists don't owe developers, they owe their field and their audience an actual semblance of integrity. The "serious PR" I imagine would be over a year of an insane amount of dedication, but no game journalist wants to talk about that.

Dedication is not information on a game and is definitely not obligatory to be written in a game review. Especially since a reviewer seldom has inside info of this kind. I agree that seeing it mentioned is nice though.

All in all, expecting a reviewer to track a life of every game from release on is expecting too much.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Well if we can get reviewers back up to being able to read a manual, life will be better :P

motorbit

Post by motorbit » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm

read the manual, and spend a while with the game.
to be hornest, it took me a while to get comfortable with your games, too. you happily break genre conventions and do not realy care to produce what people expect. this is not a bad thing - quite the opposite. but not producing the same kitsch as everybody else provokes unjust reviews. i think its the price of being creative and unconventional, and it happens in all kinds of entertainment. it seems, if you want to be played on the major radio stations, you have to be britney spears - not captain beefheart.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

yep...mediocrity exists for a reason...and those reasons get it rewarded a lot. Hence a lot of pop culture. ;) The seesaw of balance though is when people decide they don't want to be told which steamed carrots are best and instead look for people who are telling them about yams :P

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”