New review of SOTS II Enhanced Edition

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.

New review of SOTS II Enhanced Edition

Postby Lucian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 am

If anyone's interested, there's a new review for SOTS II enhanced edition over at the Space Sector site.

I thought that the author's review was fair, although I suspect that this game has great potential which will eventually be realized.
Last edited by Lucian on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucian

Re: New revies of SOTS II Enhanced Edition

Postby Mecron » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Given his review of prime, this was a pretty damn good score from someone not into the core mechanics ;)
Mecron
Kerberos

Postby adamsolo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Actually, your observation is incorrect. It was not me who reviewed Sword of the Stars (or SotS prime), but a colleague that was helping me at the time, Zachary Cryer is his name. But, of course, while not my work, I need to stand by by his work, since it is in my site.
[blog]: Space Sector
Your source for Sci-Fi and Space Strategy Games
adamsolo

Postby Mecron » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 am

Sorry for one reason I thought it was the same dude...but be that as it may, as you say, it stands for the site and given that its a good score.
Mecron
Kerberos

Postby Erinys » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 am

adamsolo wrote:Actually, your observation is incorrect. It was not me who reviewed Sword of the Stars (or SotS prime).

No, you were the one who created an entire site focusing on space 4X games in 2011 without covering the original Sword of the Stars at all! You came to this forum to promote that site while it was still just a personal blog, last year in February.

I see you're still an ardent fan of Distant Worlds. Not hard to see why any version of Sword of the Stars games might not be your favorite.

Thank you for posting. I was wondering why your name was familiar.

--Arinn
Official website
Twitter
Sword of the Stars "Picture of the Day" Gallery on Facebook
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: New review of SOTS II Enhanced Edition

Postby Lucian » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:45 am

Not sure about Adam, but I think the original SOTS leaves Distant worlds for dead, but as for SOTS II.... well not yet anyway. :)
Lucian

Postby adamsolo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am

Erinys wrote:No, you were the one who created an entire site focusing on space 4X games in 2011 without covering the original Sword of the Stars at all!

This is not true nor fair. My site HAS a SotS review. It was just not done by myself, as other reviews were also not done by myself. But, in any case, we don't have reviews for all 4X games, since our site covers more than 4X. It also covers other space games, sci-fi strategy and other strategy as well. And, not fair, because I've been following SotS2 since the beginning, with lots of news pieces, videos, giveaways, first impressions and reviews. So, I've been following SotS2 since day 1.

Erinys wrote:I see you're still an ardent fan of Distant Worlds. Not hard to see why any version of Sword of the Stars games might not be your favorite.

Who said I don't like the original Sword of the Stars (prime) game? It reminds me of the original Master of Orion in many ways, but with good combat mechanics. Distant Worlds vanilla was a disaster, however I like to play Distant Worlds: Legends as I also like to play the large majority of 4X games.
[blog]: Space Sector
Your source for Sci-Fi and Space Strategy Games
adamsolo

Re: New review of SOTS II Enhanced Edition

Postby Erinys » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am

Adam:

1. Deleted your re-review. You already have a website with which to state your views, as you have said.

2. Judging by your participation in the comment thread for your own review, in which you repeatedly browbeat your audience to dismiss the value of our game and not to support it or continue to hope for improvement and the achievement of its full potential? I'm afraid that your demand that we be more "fair" to your views is a little...strange.

3. The facts of this matter are actually pretty simple. When you first came to these forums in 2011, you had just started up a website dedicated to the space strategy market, and had completely neglected to cover or even to acknowledge the original Sword of the Stars. The fact that you finally assigned someone ELSE to write a review of our first game months later, giving it a relatively lackluster rating long after it had led a Renaissance of 4X space gaming in general...is really not a great indicator that you are, have ever been, or will ever be a super appreciative audience for our games.

Right now your site rates the original Sword of the Stars with all of its expansions, as a package, at a 7.3. You rate Sword of the Stars 2 with its End of Flesh expansion as a 6.0. I think the former review contextualizes the latter review very nicely, and puts things perspective: we certainly couldn't expect any better from your site.

And now I think we are done with any attempt to drum up any faux controversy. We appreciate the fact that your views and behavior are consistent.

Have a happy holiday,

The Management
Official website
Twitter
Sword of the Stars "Picture of the Day" Gallery on Facebook
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Return to Kerberos News & Information