Pixel Bedlam Reviews Sword of the Stars: The Pit

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Pixel Bedlam Reviews Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Post by Erinys » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Fantastic review from Pixelbedlam on The Pit.

Pixelbedlam.com wrote:The Pit is a joy to play but at the same time something so brutally difficult it just bends you over and paddles your arse like you’re a freshman in Dazed and Confused. There needs to be a line, a line that games won’t cross, this is the line between difficult but fun and cruel and cheating. Sometimes when games are hard it doesn’t feel fair, you slam your controller down and scream to high heaven about a cheap shot from an enemy, but when an enemy has to follow the same rules you do then it’s OK. This is where The Pit saves itself from being deemed too hard to making the player realise early on “look, we know this game is hard, but just think, around that next corner may be the weapon that will help you get to the end of the game.” At this point I should point out despite putting many many hours into this game my best attempt got to me level 27 out of 30, but that’s OK, actually that’s pretty awesome.
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

marshb

Re: Pixel Bedlam Reviews Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Post by marshb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Awesome review, but he's missing out by ignoring the consoles and messages!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 am

Possibly! ;) I actually liked the part about the story washing over him painlessly--I remember how much I've seen gamers suffer trying to force their way past story elements that they weren't enjoying in other Rpgs. "Space bar, space bar space bar! GOD WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!"

The fact that the story content of the game is not constantly annoying people who don't want or need it to enjoy themselves makes me happy. It looks like this mechanic is an effective one, at least for this genre of game. :toast:

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I believe the only bad offenders are developers who make games, but really want to make movies :D

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”