Indie Dev Spotlight - with Arinn Dembo

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Indie Dev Spotlight - with Arinn Dembo

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Feature Interview on Gamer's Sphere website: I'm kicking off a new feature called the Indie Dev Spotlight. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Gizmoh

Re: Indie Dev Spotlight - with Arinn Dembo

Post by Gizmoh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:15 pm

That was really insightful, thank you Erinys.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks! :)
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh. My. God. How did I miss this article?

The major problem that AAA publishers have with indie upstarts is that we prove that they aren’t completely necessary. Indie games are often great fun to play. Every time an indie game becomes a hit, it proves that a lot of the claims that the AAA industry titans make to assert legitimacy—the idea that only they are worthy to control the industry, that they are necessary gate-keepers and only they can create fun games, polished games, beautiful games, deeply moving games—are just plain false.

BAM. Headshot :)

Indie has become a bit of a brand in our heads, one that giants are definitely trying to appropriate and/or suppress. Some outlying news portals are already trying to warn us about it, so your voice joins with a very sound standpoint.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous when a company rich enough to provide a gym, swimming pool, bar and full-blown AC to their head honchos, inside their main building, tries to convince people that they are "adopting an indie developer's model" :lol: Yes, they are so very indie, inviting influential game journalists to expensive dinners in Paris, so that they can slam dunk their next title regardless of its actual genre fidelity, consumer respect or gameplay merits :lol:
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”