The queue of games

Have OmniCrate™, will travel the stars.
darkone

Re: The queue of games

Post by darkone » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 pm

ZedF wrote:That said, a significant amount of work has already gone into the Fort Zombie/Northstar line. Kerberos certainly sounds like they've been planning to do those next. And the amount of work that would need to be done to the SotS engine to bring it up to a 'new game' level (i.e. a full-on sequel rather than just another expansion) is probably non-trivial. Besides, I don't think Kerberos necessarily wants to restrict themselves to just one sub-genre of sci-fi. Too much of the same thing results in burnout eventually.

Reguardless of your game preference it is always nice to see something new and branch out with new ideas. I think Northstar would be a great next game for Kerberos. They already have a fan base for SotS so why not create another set of fans for Nstar? It just makes sense, why not have two series that are popular instead of one. Because there are so many types of gamers and Kerberos is limiting there market share by staying in one gaming niche gaming space. I think Nstar will be a hit with a lot of gamers especially once the word gets out (which I try to do now). So hope to see some great progress on Nstar soon :thumbsup:

-D1-

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 pm

darkone wrote:I think Northstar would be a great next game for Kerberos. They already have a fan base for SotS so why not create another set of fans for Nstar?

Actually, this does NOT make any sort of sense at all... why build 2 seperate fan bases? Why not take the following you have with Sword of the Stars, and see if those customers will buy a different product? Why does Kerberos have to start over from day 1 again here? :confused: Kerberos definitely does not need another set of fans, they just need to expand the existing fan base.

duty

Post by duty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm

In the discussion for a full campaign mode for SotS and SotS2, I don't see why they can't be one and the same. Learning to play the game and becoming familiar with the fantastic game lore can be had in a single player mode with a story that spans all the races. Once you've familiarized yourself with the galaxy (or happily become reacquainted) you can flip over to the multiplayer and stomp the computer or various friends.

Is there a forum started for recommendations for SotS2 features? Why do ALL the work of planning the next game when you can pick and choose your favorites from the dreams of your fan base?
Q: What's big, and red, and filled with shaped neutronium shells?
A: Everything in my fleet.

-a bit of Hiver humor

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:06 pm

You'd be looking for the suggestions forum... try using the search function, though, as I'm sure there are thread topics for SotS2 already.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

duty

Post by duty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:42 pm

There are quite a few to be found on the search. Perhaps they should all be organized into one place?
Q: What's big, and red, and filled with shaped neutronium shells?
A: Everything in my fleet.

-a bit of Hiver humor

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Well, I suppose you could make a suggestion about that too.. :lol:
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
darkone wrote:I think Northstar would be a great next game for Kerberos. They already have a fan base for SotS so why not create another set of fans for Nstar?

Actually, this does NOT make any sort of sense at all... why build 2 seperate fan bases? Why not take the following you have with Sword of the Stars, and see if those customers will buy a different product? Why does Kerberos have to start over from day 1 again here? :confused: Kerberos definitely does not need another set of fans, they just need to expand the existing fan base.

Actually if you want to get technical this should leave KP with 3 fan bases (not including FZ). SotS only, N* only, and All-things-KP fan bases. Not all space traders like 4x and not all 4x'ers are into RPG style trade sims. If KP is to be a success then their fan base should grow with each new game, that doesn't mean they are the same fan base though.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

*ROFL*

Post by silvaril » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 am

Heya

In the general SotS discussion forum there are two stickied threads relating to Mecron specifically asking for feedback for SotS-2:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11317
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11318

And then there are a whole buncha fan started threads in the suggestions forum...

For those interested, feel free to make a Wiki page collating that information... :twisted: :thumbsup:
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Space Voyager

Re: *ROFL*

Post by Space Voyager » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:49 am

silvaril wrote:For those interested, feel free to make a Wiki page collating that information... :twisted: :thumbsup:

I was thinking about doing it as StrategyCore special. After AMOC+ANY review, which may take a while...
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm

RobAK801 wrote:
zanzibar196 wrote:

Actually if you want to get technical this should leave KP with 3 fan bases (not including FZ). SotS only, N* only, and All-things-KP fan bases. Not all space traders like 4x and not all 4x'ers are into RPG style trade sims. If KP is to be a success then their fan base should grow with each new game, that doesn't mean they are the same fan base though.

Well then count me in as a all-things-kerberos fanboi!! :thumbsup:

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:07 am

zanzibar196 wrote:Well then count me in as a all-things-kerberos fanboi!! :thumbsup:

I think we already do.

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Ok two things to point out:
1: Even if (and this is one of those 'almost never in a billion years' if's) Kerberos didn't get any new followers for Nstar they would still have a hell of a time getting enough copies out, because the following for Nstar from us sots players is huge.
And 2: It doesn't really matter what order the games come out so long as they are released before fans (like me, a fellow Canadian) go nuts and break something. However in a purely selfserving manner I really want to play Nstar ASAP.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:22 am

oh hai guys. guess wat?

Fort Zombie is totally going to come out first...

:p
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 am

patton1942 wrote:oh hai guys. guess wat?

Fort Zombie is totally going to come out first...

:p

Yeah, well Northstar sure as heck better come out 2nd!! I will be very dissapointed if SotS 2 is released before N-star...

The_Pastmaster

Post by The_Pastmaster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 am

No you won't :wink:
I realize that pulsars are not part of the Canadian military arsenal, but I find that if you shampoo an angry beaver aggressively with "oily hair" shampoo to dry out it's fur and rub it vigorously against a balloon before flinging it at the enemy with a trebuchet, you get a similar effect.

Eleahen wrote:You are a genius!

Someone said it :twisted:

Return to “NorthStar General Discussion”