The queue of games

Have OmniCrate™, will travel the stars.
Space Voyager

Re: The queue of games

Post by Space Voyager » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 am

patton1942 wrote:Fort Zombie is totally going to come out first...

This was known. :)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

The_Pastmaster wrote:No you won't :wink:

Yes... yes I will!! I've been waiting for northstar 1.5 years... ever since it was announced!! SotS 2 was only just recently announced... so... yeah... it better come out 1st!

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
The_Pastmaster wrote:No you won't :wink:

Yes... yes I will!! I've been waiting for northstar 1.5 years... ever since it was announced!! SotS 2 was only just recently announced... so... yeah... it better come out 1st!

SotS 2 has not yet been announced. If you were talking about FZ; Mecron said it is a fun off-shot from NS and that it is a much smaller project, so it will come out first.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 pm

While not officialy announced, I do believe SotS2 was planned for and talked about on the forums looong before any North Star clues were dropped.
At least I think so. Its been awhile. :lol: lol

fibio

Post by fibio » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 pm

SotS 2 has been floating around since pre-BoB if I recal correctly.
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

bmac4417

Post by bmac4417 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:34 pm

You're absolutely right. I remember talk about SotS2 not long after I joined the forums in '07. I don't recall NorthStar being mentioned until quite some time after that.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 pm

N* will definately be out before SoTS2. We've seen the progress they're making on northstar. all we have on sots 2 are questions that affect the very earliest preliminary planning stages of SoTS2.

I personally only questioned whether FZ or N* would come out first. the main project, or the offshoot. do you focus on your big time game, or the fun little side project using part of the big game's engine.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:26 am

patton1942 wrote:I personally only questioned whether FZ or N* would come out first. the main project, or the offshoot. do you focus on your big time game, or the fun little side project using part of the big game's engine.

And Mecron said FZ is coming...

zanzibar196 wrote:Any idea of around when we should be expecting this gem?? 1st quarter 2009? later? earlier?? Just a vague hint would be nice ;)

Mecron wrote:sooooooooooooneeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

That is not directly linked to NS but NS was definitely not slated that early. SotS success made some (nice) mess of things though and FZ is not out yet.

mango
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by mango » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Well it would make sense if FZ is made using one aspect of the NS engine to finish that and learn from that to assist NS development.

Presumably FZ has fewer additional interfaces to deal with so sorting it out will be simpler than jumping in with NS.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 pm

it certainly makes an excellent testbed for pipeline and tool issues. :wink:

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:32 pm

I read that FZ interview and was curious, is the same(not completely obviously) tiling bit going to be used for the way terrain is generated when you land?

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:19 pm

I guess we dropped the ball on this one eh? First it was Sots N* FZ Sots2, then Sots FZ N* Sots 2 now looks like Sots FZ Sots2 N*. maybe we should stop guessing the order of games, I think we're jinxing it. Unless..... this is all part of one of Mec's zuulish mind games, and N* actually is coming out real soon, and the sots 2 release is more of a diversion....nah.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm

U.E.D.C. wrote:I guess we dropped the ball on this one eh? First it was Sots N* FZ Sots2, then Sots FZ N* Sots 2 now looks like Sots FZ Sots2 N*. maybe we should stop guessing the order of games, I think we're jinxing it. Unless..... this is all part of one of Mec's zuulish mind games, and N* actually is coming out real soon, and the sots 2 release is more of a diversion....nah.

Damn that evil mecron and his zuul mind-games! :twisted:

spitfire_ch

Post by spitfire_ch » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:24 pm

bmac4417 wrote:You're absolutely right. I remember talk about SotS2 not long after I joined the forums in '07. I don't recall NorthStar being mentioned until quite some time after that.

If my memory doesn't play tricks on me, that's not absolutely true. I (think to) remember a mysterious NorthStar project (without any further information) hanging around on Kerberos product webpage even before SOTS1 came out. But then again, maybe my memory IS playing tricks :)

- spit

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 am

spitfire_ch wrote:
bmac4417 wrote:You're absolutely right. I remember talk about SotS2 not long after I joined the forums in '07. I don't recall NorthStar being mentioned until quite some time after that.

If my memory doesn't play tricks on me, that's not absolutely true. I (think to) remember a mysterious NorthStar project (without any further information) hanging around on Kerberos product webpage even before SOTS1 came out. But then again, maybe my memory IS playing tricks :)

- spit

It most certainly is NOT.

Return to “NorthStar General Discussion”