Any New Northstar News?

Have OmniCrate™, will travel the stars.
falcongrey

Re: Any New Northstar News?

Post by falcongrey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 am

Please don't anger Kerberos! Only takes one of the heads to bite you and hurt... :?
It's not that we stood or fell that matters, but that we stood and faced it.

nightboy42

Post by nightboy42 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:59 pm

I've got this great feeling about N* that its going to be a gem like Freelancer, Star Wolves, Parkan 2 & Nexus and so many other not-so-heard-of-titles. Except that this one will have a robust publisher behind it.

buddahcjcc

Post by buddahcjcc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:12 pm

U.E.D.C. wrote:Having just rewatched Jaynestown (and a few other episodes) a riot sounds like a good idea to me :P

aah my favorite episode... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEIDvgapTw8

long_fella

Post by long_fella » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 pm

I saw a new post in this forum and got all excited, only for it to be some spam bot rubbish :-(. It's still /tumbleweed in here......

But we're still rooting for you N* :-).

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 pm

A little Northstar news in the StrategyCore Sots2 interview (last question on the page):
SC: And the trick question for the end; Is NorthStar still on course?

MC: NStar is in the negotiations phase and hence I really can't comment either way at the moment.

I hope the negotiations go well. I want to play Northstar almost as much as I want to play SotS2. :thumbsup:
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:28 pm

MORE. We already have SotS Prime and with NS it would (from the info we have) make a dynamic duo that would hold my gaming attention forever... Naturally, SotS2 may be even more successful at that. ;)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

PsychoThruster

Post by PsychoThruster » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:56 pm

I wonder if by in negotiations the meaning is the search for funding to produce the game, or the search for a producer to distribute it. As a developer I would assume Kerberos owns the rights to the IP so why not sell and distribute it themselves? It could be done entirely via the internet, perhaps use STEAM as a distribution device. If advertising is needed, ask the people at Giant Bomb who's website garners plenty of traffic, and they are very reasonable people. Of course developing any game requires the use of time and skilled people, and if securing funding is an issue I would suggest asking the public for donations to fund the development. If you can inspire passion, and deliver on the product then I know I would be happy to donate as would others. When the will is there, a way can be found. Gamers are passionate people, science fiction fans too, perhaps even more so.

Just my thoughts on the situation, thought I'd throw them out here. Been following this game through sporadic news articles for about a year or so and it sounds like a labor of passion. The desire to create a unique experience is there, and the ideas for execution look phenomenal...Here's hoping you guys can pull it off.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Having been mostly indy for sots1, we are well aware of how easily a project can get lost or curb stomped when not backed by publisher support in terms of PR and advertising. As far project status goes though, it is never hard to find distribution for a finished project :wink:

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Well then can we get N* soon then? Please, if only to stop Zanz from bemoaning the lack of it.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:48 am

at this point I am about ready to wipe the drives if he doesn't shut the front door...not in the mood for crazy this month.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:25 am

WOW! Be assured many of us are waiting patiently for northstar.
We want Kerberos to to make money and be successful and will wait for however long it takes. Go and do that voodoo, that you do, SO WELL!
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

PsychoThruster

Post by PsychoThruster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

Mecron wrote:Having been mostly indy for sots1, we are well aware of how easily a project can get lost or curb stomped when not backed by publisher support in terms of PR and advertising. As far project status goes though, it is never hard to find distribution for a finished project :wink:

I would suggest speaking with Adam Boyes of Beefy Media. The man knows the industry very well.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:29 am

sigh
Last edited by Mecron on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:30 am

What exactly will he tell Kerberos that Kerberos doesn't already know? :?
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

PsychoThruster

Post by PsychoThruster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:47 am

Forgive me if I am coming off in a manner that upsets anyone. I am simply drawing from what I know and sharing those thoughts here as I think they may be beneficial.

From what was implied earlier, we can gather the game is finished or nearly so.

What was mentioned about publisher support for PR and advertising I took to mean one of two things. Either yes, they have a publisher after learning a hard lesson with sots1. OR No, they have no publisher, and are waiting to find one so that the game does not get "lost" or "curb stomped"

I know that Adam specializes in finding producers and publishers and so on until the project is complete and on the shelves. He does not just work with indy devs, he is consulted by larger studios as well.

That is why I mentioned it. If the information provided is not useful disregard it. If it is useful then use it. I meant to offense.

Return to “NorthStar General Discussion”