Welcome new survivors!

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Tolbiac

Re: Welcome new survivors!

Post by Tolbiac » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello there, just bought the game via Impulse.

Gotta say, despite the monstruous lags I get most of the time, the game is trully awesome. So thanks devs for making such a game. :thumbsup:

Jackinthebox

Post by Jackinthebox » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 pm

hey folks,

new survivor here :D

Game´s pretty rad so far, even if i go through some stress to play it.
We all know what i mean(Pssst*its bugs*)

Looking forward to explore it fully.

thx!

SandmanCDO

Post by SandmanCDO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey everybody, new survivor.

Been a fan of Romero films since I was too young to watch them :D .
Bought this game yesterday from D2D and although it doesn't run well on my PC am absolutely loving it.
Thanks to the Devs for creating a true zombie survival game :thumbsup:

Lord Doom

Post by Lord Doom » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:50 am

Hi all, another new survivor.

Bought the game about a week ago (1.07) and loving it. I can see a healthy dose of Jagged Alliance influence in FZ, which is a really great thing.

Initially I was extremely frustrated with the camera views, especially indoors, and on the verge of giving up....too many undeserved deaths and reloads! But after coming to grips with views, this game is very, very addictive.

Well done to the devs and thanks for a great game! (it's tragic FZ wasn't this well-polished from its release, I fear it'll never hurdle those initial damning reviews).

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:26 am

If someone cannot wrap their head around a 10 dollar or less game...then they deserve whatever "damning" reviews make them happy :thumbsup: Welcome to the game!

(and for the record, those reviews had little or no effect on the initial or continuing sales curve. In the end, gamers seems to be able to tell for themselve when something is priced well into the "Trying something way different" category)

TheLastRonin

Post by TheLastRonin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 am

Hey everyone. I'd just like to say I'm an avid fan of Fort Zombie. It's a really unique idea for a game! It does seem to have some... Um... Issues? With framerate and bugs (not the hilarious zombie coming out of the wall bugs, just the game-breaking ones which for me includes pathfinding) But I still love it issues and all. I really hope that you guys do do a sequel because seriously... When you get right down to it this is a great game! So thanks a lot for making it.

Pnakotus

Post by Pnakotus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Yay! I finally made it to the Police Station and cleared it out with more than 5% health remaining! :) Now I have a good save game to be able to start from. Found lots of food on the way to the station this time too. Now to go find some more survivors to join my group ...
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

OneoftheLost

Post by OneoftheLost » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 am

Hello!

I just wanted to tell all you fine folks at Kerberos Productions that you are doing a fantastic job! I was looking at SotS and scrounging the forums when I stumbled across FZ. I wasn't sure what to make of it, as the bug reports and youtube video comments where discouraging. However, after watching a LP and getting a good handle on the features of the game. I decided to take the plunge. (Gamergate's sale helped.)

I'm not sure how the game was pre-patch but as of now, its quite possibly the best zombie SP game I've ever played. The random tileset feature is awesome, making each playthrough quite interesting. My first game was bug-stutter free, and absolutely thrilling. I understand the game is about survival as opposed to zombicide, which makes it all the more endearing to me. In my first game, I created a police officer with a higher speed, and decided to explore every little nook and cranny. Absolutely thrilling stuff. Is that house safe? Do I have the stamina to take on that zombie in the gunshop? I didn't really find much. (not certain what items are searchable and what arn't. I was doing fine until I heard gunshots in the distance. Thinking a survivor would be a good place to start, I ran head first into a swarmed hotel. I found the survivor, who was fighting off a small horde. Needless to say, instead of running, I dove in. And promptly died.

This has only fueled my desire to go at it again! Maybe I'll be more lucky next time.

I also wanted to congratulate the team on their design. This isn't an FPS as much as an rpg-survival type game imho. and its all the better for it. I only keep a few select game titles on my backup harddrive. These titles are games that I feel need to be on every computer and fresh install. Games with high-replayability, and open-ended goodness. To date, Ive only found 3 other titles that offer the punishing sandbox replay experiences that I seek, but FZ is sure to join the crew. By making the game intentionally tough, and endlessly replayable, you've appealed to a rather niche audience, so kudos for that!

Lastly, after all the bug complaints and stuttering reports I was reluctant to try the game, even the LP player had issues with stuttering. I have experienced none of this even with large hordes. So another kudos to the team that has continued to patch the game even after release. I heartily applaud the effort put into this title, and hope my money can go torwards further excellence from team Kerberos.

Thanks for the hard work! :thumbsup:

Puce Moose

Post by Puce Moose » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled upon Fort Zombie tonight by accident, and am intrigued by what I've seen about it so far. A few questions before I fork over the Hamilton and take the plunge into Piety:

1) I enjoyed reading the manual, with its Noire-inspired atmosphere. I had a bit of a grin imagining a Max Payne-esque character narrating some of the writing. Does the player run across journal entries/notes while searching the town? Can you interact with characters in the game to get some backstory/history?

2) Is it possible to "win" the game? If you successfully defend the fort, do you get a game over sort of 'Yay I did it!' ending, or does it just segue into survivor mode/never-ending zombie mode?

3) Can you opt to be a selfish soul and abscond with the food and ammo and hide in a house/closet somewhere, quiet as a mouse, hoping for the best and avoiding the notice of the zombies? Or is survival of the fort/other survivors surviving/killing all zombies imperative to winning?

Thanks!
Puce

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 am

Heya

Puce Moose wrote:1) I enjoyed reading the manual, with its Noire-inspired atmosphere. I had a bit of a grin imagining a Max Payne-esque character narrating some of the writing. Does the player run across journal entries/notes while searching the town? Can you interact with characters in the game to get some backstory/history?

Survivors have backstory about their prior experiences which becomes available after recruiting them.

Puce Moose wrote:2) Is it possible to "win" the game? If you successfully defend the fort, do you get a game over sort of 'Yay I did it!' ending, or does it just segue into survivor mode/never-ending zombie mode?

After the sucessful defense of the Fort, the game ends.

Puce Moose wrote:3) Can you opt to be a selfish soul and abscond with the food and ammo and hide in a house/closet somewhere, quiet as a mouse, hoping for the best and avoiding the notice of the zombies? Or is survival of the fort/other survivors surviving/killing all zombies imperative to winning?

The death of those Zombies attacking the Fort at the end of the fortnight is imperative to winning the game.

On game completion, the scoreboard gives you a breakdown of how well you did.
You then get to try and improve on that with your next play through... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Nightshade

Re: ...

Post by Nightshade » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 pm

silvaril wrote:
Puce Moose wrote:3) Can you opt to be a selfish soul and abscond with the food and ammo and hide in a house/closet somewhere, quiet as a mouse, hoping for the best and avoiding the notice of the zombies? Or is survival of the fort/other survivors surviving/killing all zombies imperative to winning?

The death of those Zombies attacking the Fort at the end of the fortnight is imperative to winning the game.

On game completion, the scoreboard gives you a breakdown of how well you did.
You then get to try and improve on that with your next play through... ;)

In fact, if I'm taking the premise of the game right, people who are just out for Number One are, effectively, on the side of the zombies; that one of the things that makes you resistant to the zombie curse "infection" is a certain self-less and larger-than-self view of things.

Puce Moose

Post by Puce Moose » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for the information silvaril and Nightshade.

Any recommendations on where to purchase the game? It looks like D2D has it for a whopping four cents cheaper than the other online stores. Are there any known issues with any of these providers regarding this game, or do they all have the newest 1.07/patch friendly?

AlanF5

Post by AlanF5 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

They should all be the latest version. I'm partial to Gamers Gate myself, as their installer seems simplest and they have a history of getting the updates out soonest (usually only a matter of days).
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 am

I'm fairly happy with GamersGate too, though i wish they wouldn't autodelete the installer when they're done; if you need to reinstall again for any reason you have to download the whole damn thing again.

(What can I say, GOG has spoiled me...)

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

*cough*

Post by silvaril » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:11 am

Heya

There are documented work-arounds for that... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Return to “Fort Zombie”