Screamshots

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Tssha

Re: Screamshots

Post by Tssha » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 am

Nothing says "owned" like the words Game Over. :lol:

So, was that a gun shop? I'm guessing that's the firing range out back (no firing above the wall people, that's a crime! :wink: ), and that you figured there'd be ammo there. However, I'm also guessing there's only one way in or out (barring super climbing skills) and that the zombies swarmed you.

Am I anywhere near warm? Or am I a necrotized room temperature?
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." -Terry Pratchett

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 am

I am guessing the misjudgment was more about the time it would take to get to said shop, get the loot and get back to base before the remains of a sunset you see happening in the background.

Either that or he was firing off shots and miscalculated the number of zombies that would swarm him. the surprisingly small number of bullet holes in the targets would seem to indicate some recent firing. Lots of holes says the targets don't get changed and have been there a long time, a number that small tells me the targets get changed between uses, and I'm betting there were few people using it on Z-Day itself.

Anyway, sunset and dark are bad times to be out and about from what I've gathered.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Magnum

Post by Magnum » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:31 am

It looks like a dead end and that is exactly what it ended up being.
Shuffling zombies cornering you = game over

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 am

also very possible.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 pm

De kommer och hämtar dig, Barbara!

Paradox and friends were on hand - cold, dead, clammy hand - at this weekend's Stockholm Zombie Walk, for World Zombie Day!

Full Facebook gallery here - which is as good a time as any to point out, hey... FORT ZOMBIE HAS A FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:51 am

zombie baby bursting from chest with, is that an old meat thermometer stuck into its head? is awesome!
Here be pirates

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 am

Man I wish I was there.

Though this does take me back to the time I was a zombie extra in an indie TV sort of thingy...learned to zombie walk for film there. I even got some face time eating an agent...well, the eating itself was off-screen and implied, but she was definitely owned by me and two other zombies. Wish I had some pictures of that...

The makeup I was wearing was pretty much just like that. I also got shot in another scene and fell down. It was cool.
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." -Terry Pratchett

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 am

Base sweet base.

You can't do this in Fallout 3

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am

the little kids got a revolver! thats great. just don't give him an automatic.

And just as an aside, whats with the tattoos? N* and this, lots of body paint. not just a tat or two, no wai. our heroes arm is covered.

Just curious.

Anyway, looking better and better. Love the PD station. looks awesome. In the first shot, the body damage meter (i'm assuming) is brown, while in the second its green. does that represent body armor? Or is that damage? I see it corresponds with the long bar next to our damage meter (I'm assuming).
Here be pirates

Magnum

Post by Magnum » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:37 am

At first I thought the glasses were just retro-geek but with what was posted in the Traps thread regarding his former military past I can see they are just standard issue uglies :)

Thanks for the screenies.

A kid with a gun is going to turn some heads in the games cause violence among children debate. Hope your not planning to distribute in Australia :P

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 am

the long bar is endurance and I suppose we could just let the kids be devoured helplessly by the zombies if that would be more peaceful.

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:05 am

Are we going to be glad when the little bastards get torn apart by zombies or are you going to aim at the impossible (eg. kids that are not supremely annoying)? There is a reason most games shy away from kids beyond getting banned in the wimpier countries.

Magnum

Post by Magnum » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 am

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for it for various reasons.

Just surprised considering most any violent game with kids in it let alone handling guns is an instant target for the whack-job politicos to cry about on television.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 am

Yes, but the fact that they fight almost all wars in Africa doesn't bother anybody.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Magnum wrote:Just surprised considering most any violent game with kids in it let alone handling guns is an instant target for the whack-job politicos to cry about on television.

Let 'em cry. We've already had our games reviewed by the Maoists, and Communists invented the term "political correctness". Forgive me if Hillary Clinton is no longer intimidating. :wink:

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “Fort Zombie”