The Sights of Piety...

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: The Sights of Piety...

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:05 am

:bangdesk:
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:09 am

yeah. Mr. Mooby there didn't survive our first encounter with one another. shotgun to the FACE. :lol:

stupid, creepy, no noise world freaks me out.
well done.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

octane

Post by octane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:51 am

I bet the after party was awesome.

Pianoman

Post by Pianoman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Poltergeist anyone? The color is screwed up b/c I don't know how to use the converter yet.

Remnant

Post by Remnant » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Wait, I thought zombies were the only thing out there :shock: (aside from the thing creating them of course...)
"When the going gets tough - the tough hide under the table"

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science"

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 am

Yay, my screenshot key finally decided to work!

There is something odd about a hearse making drive through stop...
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:42 am

obviously the guy in back was hungry...and hmmm, someone has their quality level cranked :thumbsup:

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:53 am

Here are a couple pics of a last stand in the school. I had my guys stationed on the roof, but they didn't see much action.

I killed a good many that slowly wandered their way up, but most of them were staying at ground level and it was getting boring so I went down. After going down and firing at them a bit they got the message and came up. I set up a bit of a kill zone with me standing on the top of the staircase to my right aiming at the high end of the wall behind them and it was hitting them in the chest and head as they rounded the corner. I must have killed several dozen there - the majority of the zombie wave died in that corner to M4 fire.

Heres another closer up wading through their bodies. They're piled up pretty good, but some of the parts may have fell through the wall. I know I saw a fair sized pile below them, partially embedded in the walls below.

It took me another 10 minutes to find the last couple who didnt make it up. Was a few in the basement area behind the school and a couple in the classrooms downstairs. Oh, and I used most of my 5.56 ammo but I still had a shotgun with 60 rounds and a Desert Eagle with ~150 extra rounds.

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Mecron wrote:obviously the guy in back was hungry...and hmmm, someone has their quality level cranked :thumbsup:

??? I haven't moded the game yet...

Oh, you mean visual settings... yeah, everything is on and maxed, it's pretty and smooth (post 360 spins at start). (also have x16 anisotropic). Had to resize the picture down from 1280x1024 though. :)

I know this is a sights of Piety thread but the environment has been getting to me a bit. Running around scouting stuff out with that constant 'song' in the background and suddenly a bunch of gunfire. I have ducked a few times (a little). :)
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 pm

lol yep thats what we were going for :thumbsup:

Otreum

Post by Otreum » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 pm

The sound of silence is often more edgy feeling than that of actual background music.
Can people upload some videos already :P (I know I sound like a broken record but cmon hehe)

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:09 pm

fyi... the background 'music' isn't your typical music... it's the 'song' of the undead composed by a dark necromantic force and performed by the former living residents of Piety.

It's not working though for some people and others are having to jack up their volume very high to even barely detect it. I play most games with headphones on so I tend to get the quiet and the loud nicely.

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Yea I have to turn up my volume super high to hear it, and at that point a random zombie's gunshot sounds like a real gun was fired in my ears :P

*creepy background noise* Dum de dum, walking along...
*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* random soldier zombie firing away...
Soo yea, I can't turn the volume up and enjoy the background without sacrificing my hearing and/or sanity.

DatonKallandor

Post by DatonKallandor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 am

The Dead are not nice.
That's gotta be demoralizing.
Locusts ate my AI Rebellion and all I got was this lousy T-shirt

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 am

I wish I had a working screenshot key (I hit the button, nothing happened) for this one but there is one written in blood. Something along the lines of a kid or kids saying they loved their parents... Now that it's working I am so taking a shot of that.

Return to “Fort Zombie”