best anti-zombie weapons

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

TrashMan

Re: best anti-zombie weapons

Post by TrashMan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 am

gozer wrote: and the lower recoil makes it easier to aim between shots, not to mention less strain/fatigue for the shooter (there deffinitely is difference between shooting 50 rounds from Desert Eagle / Automag or 50 rounds from 9mm handgun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA
:bangdesk: :bangdesk:
This is why you have to hold your gun properly.

You're right regarding ammo availability. But we are talking about what weapons we would like to use.

as for the greatsword ... well, you'd still probably want to carry crowbar in case you need to pry open door or crate, you wouldn't want to do that with your greatsword. and since carrying both seems like waste of weight ...

You can use a sword to open doors too.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:33 am

halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:56 pm

U.E.D.C. wrote:Okay, but where will you find the gear? What about fuel? Would the engine not just attract more zombies? What if the roads are blocked? What if there is break down?

Good questions all. I would not say that something like this could not be done--because anything can be done--but you need more than vision to build and operate such a thing. You need an amazing welder and the tools of his/her trade, plus a fully stocked and operational shop to build this beast. You need a gifted driver of heavy vehicles, access to a military base or a depot for weapons and ammo which are presently illegal for civilians anywhere to buy, access to a fully stocked hardware store, and someone to train your people to use all this equipment without harming each other or wrecking the vehicle.

All in all, reminds me of a little story called Damnation Alley. Well worth a read for people who enjoy a good story about driving through a gauntlet.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

phoenixdracul

Post by phoenixdracul » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 am

For me, all the materials needed to build it are actually not to far from my home though the heavy machine guns would be somewhat harder to come by, but doable. Diesel fuel isn't too hard to get, and can actually substituted it with used/filtered cooking oil. I actually have a fairly well equipped machine shop/garage with all the tools I need to do all the welding, and my father taught me how to drive a backhoe so I'm set there. Its actually rather scary just how easily I could get the parts to build the vehicle.

As for engine noise and break downs, those would be problems a front end loader can be quite noisy, but there are ways to muffle the sound of it. As for breakdowns, a good front end loader or backhoe doesn't usually break down very often if you maintain it well, and any on the road repairs could be performed without too much difficulty, and could use a portable fence system carried in the trailer to set up a semi secure workspace around the vehicle, or the specific area your working.

As for blockages in the road, if you cant find a way around, you can either shut down the rotor and use it as a ram, or actually carry a ram that you can mount infront of the rotor for such situations.

All in all its certainly doable, at least for me and a lot of others especially if they have a good junkyard nearby.

Michael~

Wardo

Post by Wardo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm completely doomed.

My armory is limited to the obvious assortment of kitchen knives, wooden broom handles (the combination of which should produce more or less of a spear), a .32 S&W revolver without ammo (still the highlight), a heavy metal softball bat (for softball standards), and a phony blunt Wakizashi made of god knows what kind of sturdy metal. No, I don't even have a crowbar. I do have a hammer though, and a power-drill! :|

So my best weapon would be the disguise: to tear my clothes, put dirt on my face, eat raw garlic and join the crowd pretending I'm just another zombie, hoping none of you take a shot while I move to the safety of the uninhabited wilds - unless there are zombie deer and frogs and owls out there... argh! :?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

As a slightly on-topic digression, do any of you have a Best/Favorite Gun in this thread that is not represented in Fort Zombie? :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

phoenixdracul

Post by phoenixdracul » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Erinys wrote:As a slightly on-topic digression, do any of you have a Best/Favorite Gun in this thread that is not represented in Fort Zombie? :)

--Arinn

M1 carbine, Gatling Gun, Bren light machine gun or Barret m107 ^.^

Michael~

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:00 am

Isn't half the thread listing weapons that are not in the game? :twisted:

*sniff...Now I wish I could add new weapons to FZ*

And no, I'm not gonna say it!

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 pm

flamethrower? :roll:

Nah, as usual I will say long bow, not really a gun but....
oh and I've taken a shining to sniper rifles afte playing RainbowSix Vegas 2
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:18 am

U.E.D.C. wrote:flamethrower? :roll:

No, greaswo-....DAMMIT! :x

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:51 am

Calling Dr Fr--nah I wont say it either :bangdesk:

Chris
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 am

What's Frank-N-Furter have to do with this? :P

As for weapons not represented in FZ...

A trusty lead pipe? Do they still make pipes out of lead? Did they ever? (Wikipedia tells me they did--terrifying). Still, it's a classic symbol impromptu, desperate aggression, and merciless urban strife. It's fallen out of favor these days, but I think it is an especially great fit against the Zombie Apocalypse backdrop, where the world has reverted back to something dirtier, more primal, and so terrifyingly unforgiving.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 am

Mecron wrote:Calling Dr Fr--nah I wont say it either :bangdesk:

You better not. :twisted:

Back on-topic...How about a hardwood club with long, thick nails in it? Heck, just any old long, hard plank with nails in it. A primitive, simple package, but deadly when those nails get in your brains.
Or a pitchfork. If you thrust it hard enough, it will penetrate the zombie skull easily.

captainhawk

Post by captainhawk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Kill the zombies with swords, guns and granade! Let us see what will happen to them!

Mightypeon

Post by Mightypeon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Hmm, a Halberd/Naginate (for the Wapanese inclined).

Basically, it is a easier to use Axe with more reach with is nice if Zombies are infective.

You also need a bit less physical strength for using a Halberd than for a Big (2 handed) Axe, as you can also stab with it to keep Zombies away.

Not so sure about feasability of armour. (Human) Teeth arent such sophistaced weapons, and somebody (not me) in Full plate armour cut be a significant problem to a bunch of Slow people with teeth.

Return to “Fort Zombie”