best anti-zombie weapons

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Hari Seldon

Re: best anti-zombie weapons

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am

I'd like to see the trench spike as the best zombie weapon out there, as Max Brooks says.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Chris wrote:A trusty lead pipe? Do they still make pipes out of lead? Did they ever? (Wikipedia tells me they did--terrifying).

They indeed did for a long time. In fact the words "plumber" and "plumbing" come from the Latin word for lead "plumbum." That word is also why the chemical symbol for lead is "Pb."

Mightypeon

Post by Mightypeon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

To get back on the Sword/armour discussion:

Did anybody thought about getting anti Shark Scuba Gear? After all, most Zombies attack with teeth!

Ares_in_snow

Post by Ares_in_snow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 am

As for guns in this thread that are not represented in SOTS: Magazine fed shotgun (Like my own saiga 12)

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

The faster reload would certainly be nice; its the biggest downside of the shotguns in the game.

stephenix

Post by stephenix » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 pm

The best anti-zombies weapons are guns, grenades and what about a sword? Does it fit?

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

There are no grenades in the game though they could be useful. Main problem is the blast would draw every zombie in the neighborhood.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 am

I agree. grenades would have been good. :twisted:

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

gozer

Post by gozer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Erinys wrote:I agree. grenades would have been good. :twisted:

--Arinn

I think grenades would make terrible anti-zombie weapon. or at lease very ineffective one. you pretty much need a headshot to get rid of zombie and grenades just don't work that way ... while for the living getting even small piece of shrapnel stuck pretty much anywhere would seriously ruin his day, zombie wouldn't care much even if it was seriously riddled with fragments. so using grenades you'd have use enough of them to pretty much dismantle the zombies to pieces and again the grenades just don't work that way (the explosion is pretty small and fragments just aren't big enough to sever limbs). which really isn't effective when you think about the weight of the grenades

I can imagine grenades as situational weapon ... sort of "if you find them, no reason not to use them" thing, or maybe carry one or two for special situations like fighting indoors (toss a grenade inside room full of zombies, even though it probably won't kill them it can soften them up a bit) ... but in general I think that the weight would be better used carrying something more usefull than grenades

and then there is the already mentioned problem of noise ... even if you successfully blow up a few zombies, the explosion will probably attract more of them

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 pm

At least the FZ version of zombies can be dealt with by enough general body damage; an antipersonnel grenade is going to do that as well as a handgun does, and we take down zombies with those without doing headshots (not that headshots aren't effective, but they're not necessary).

stephenix

Post by stephenix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 am

It's nice to fight with zombies using grenades...I can't imagine when grenades blows them up!

gozer

Post by gozer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Nightshade wrote:At least the FZ version of zombies can be dealt with by enough general body damage; an antipersonnel grenade is going to do that as well as a handgun does, and we take down zombies with those without doing headshots (not that headshots aren't effective, but they're not necessary).

yeah, you're right with the FZ version of zombies. on the other hand, FZ also has the doctor/nurse/EMT zombies who are able to magicaly "glue together" parts of zombies so even blowing/shooting zombie to pieces isn't that much a victory if EMT zombie happens to walk by

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 am

gozer wrote:
Nightshade wrote:At least the FZ version of zombies can be dealt with by enough general body damage; an antipersonnel grenade is going to do that as well as a handgun does, and we take down zombies with those without doing headshots (not that headshots aren't effective, but they're not necessary).

yeah, you're right with the FZ version of zombies. on the other hand, FZ also has the doctor/nurse/EMT zombies who are able to magicaly "glue together" parts of zombies so even blowing/shooting zombie to pieces isn't that much a victory if EMT zombie happens to walk by

Just as true of pretty much every other weapon. About the only way to avoid that is fire weapons (which the game doesn't have) and that has its own problems if its not really fast acting.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 am

Of course in the FZ universe, the real anti-zombie weapon is hope.

SonicSoneditFZ

Post by SonicSoneditFZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

I believe explosive would be quite effective. More effective then grenades.

Return to “Fort Zombie”