Name Your Two Favorite Guns...

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Name Your Two Favorite Guns...

Post by Erinys » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 am

...that aren't already in Fort Zombie!

I am collecting some data, because I would like to add at least one new firearm for the next update. :twisted: I hope that some of you gunlovers out there can take a look at your Fort's arsenal and ask yourself if there just isn't something missing.

Full machine guns and flame throwers are not going to make the list, but I'm sure that some of you have some idea of the pistol, rifle, shotgun, or assault weapon that would make you feel a little safer in a Rot-ridden world.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

TrashMan

Re: Name Your Two Favorite Guns...

Post by TrashMan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

smg's?

HM...HS2000 pistol? Reliable, simple and is used more an more among the US military and police.
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg48-e.htm

UMP45 submachinegun? Good stopping power, large magazine.
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg16-e.htm
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

gozer

Post by gozer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 pm

the game could deffinitely use another rifle ... currently there are only two rifles, both WW2 models (garand and lee enfield). so, how about something a little more up-to-date?

my choice would probably be M14
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as15-e.htm

as for the 2nd weapon not currently in game ... I'd probably go for Steyr AUG
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as20-e.htm

Lordrefa

Post by Lordrefa » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:20 am

I don't know how pratical these guns will be in FZ but my two favorite guns are Ruger 10/22 and Savage 116.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:44 am

All suggestions are welcome. :)

--Arinn

Carlos

Post by Carlos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am

-Hunt Rifle

- Winchester (Do you remember 'shaun of the dead'?)

Extra
- Crossbow - A weapon with 'soul'

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 am

M134 :twisted:

Hehe...kidding.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!

phoenixdracul

Post by phoenixdracul » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:14 pm

TrashMan wrote:M134 :twisted:

Hehe...kidding.

mmmm variable fire rate up to 6000rpm

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 pm

TrashMan wrote:M134 :twisted:

Hehe...kidding.

I would assume so. Its not a useful weapon for a person on foot. Heavy as a beeyotch and requires an external source of power. And the recoil force...*shudders*...yeah. Not so much.

--Arinn

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Not that heavy... modern technology does wonders...But you're right, without some kind of power armor, its' not efficient/effective enough. Either way, not FZ material :P

How about a (blessed) golf club?

Olon

Post by Olon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm

TrashMan wrote:Not that heavy... modern technology does wonders...But you're right, without some kind of power armor, its' not efficient/effective enough. Either way, not FZ material :P

How about a (blessed) golf club?

Leave it to a holy man to bless his golf clubs for a better game......

on another note though, Sub-2000 and perhaps the P32, but i'm a bit like that though...

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:40 am

I totally think a random encounter... like, 2% chance per game or something... a UFO crash sight and like, a laser gun would be a fun easter egg... either a crashed SotS ship, or a ship from northstar... :twisted:

lowkey

Post by lowkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:22 am

Still fairly new to the game, so it's entirely possible it's already in the game and I just haven't found one yet, but I'd love to see an AA-12 turn up. Can think of few man-portable weapons more suited to transforming zombies into clouds of crimson mist than an automatic shotgun. The AA-12 just happens to look particularly awesome and distinctive.

For a second one... purely for the amusement value, it would be awesome to find something like a Brown Bess or other extremely outdated musket. Maybe something you'd only find rarely, scavenged out of the pawn shop or weapon store. Something single shot and slow to reload and inaccurate as all heck, but that would be an amusing collectors item and bragging point to have found.

ssallen

Post by ssallen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am

First time poster but been playing for about 6 months now. Awesome game! You guys nailed (for the most part) exactly what I wanted to do in a small indie game. Looks like you saved me years of toil! :D

That aside, can you make .40 ammunition a bit more common? I have played numerous sessions that have me finding 5-6 .40 pistols and rarely more than 10-15 total boxes of the ammo. Meanwhile I'm swimming in that garbage .38 FED. .38 WIN seems to be the same. I don't use these pistols at all but its nice to give little Timmy more than a single box and tellin him to "take care of himself out there." Little Timmy in this case didn't make it in the coming onslaught and I can't help but blame that on you.

As for new weapons, I'd be damn pleased to be able to grab one of those hockey sticks lying around all over the place and goin all Tim "Dr Hook" McCracken on some of these rotting bastards. The model is clearly made already!

Guns? A M243 would be wasteful as hell but also sweet as hell. I can just imagine the carnage. Also, do the traps REALLY need shotgun ammo? I imagine a box of the crappy FED ammo would be every bit as productive... since inside the pistol its garbage.

All that being said, thanks for this game! Despite the minor niggles its PHENOMENAL.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 am

Glad you are having fun Ssall, and our guilt over lil timmy is boundless :wink: Funny about the the 40 cal ammo, I am swimming in it in my current test game but we will look into it as we place a few of the new goodies for this coming update :thumbsup: As for the hockey sticks, sadly they are waiting on a breaking a weapon mechanic as otherwise they become super swords of doom...But the zombie Hanson brothers are set for FZ2!

Return to “Fort Zombie”