FZ 1.0.7 Update Details

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

rivergiles

Re: FZ 1.0.7 Update Details

Post by rivergiles » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:02 pm

ah it was you i was talking too! =)
i glad to be of use. now all of us D2D people can fight the rot on the 1.07!

lets crack on!
"Kill Hundreds, To Save Thousands."

Carlos

Post by Carlos » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 am

Yesterday, i was playing FZ 1.0.7.

FZ is harder, now. The zombies are faster, more dangerous... Missions at night are living nightmares... :twisted:

-I like the new NPC AI
-I like the new survivor's stats (Level and Actual)
-I like S,M,L range.
-I like the new sound when you find something.

A great job, Kerberos.

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am

Many thanks for the kind words, all. I am glad to hear so many people have downloaded the update and are enjoying it. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

hruza

Post by hruza » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

Lots of nice smaller touches there too.
I like that you now turn to cursor direction when using melee weapons for example. Cursor itself is great too, FZ got finally proper cursor it deserve.
Also breaking doors and windows with melee weapons seems to work again now.

On the other hand, hitboxes seems to be still off for scaled zombies (They probably do not get scaled with mesh).

All in all guys, good work! I will definitely sign on Fort Zombie 2 customer list ;) You gave new meaning to word "patch" as it is kind of small update in fact. keep it up.

What I lack however still is ability to assign team medic. I use to park my survivors in some safe spot and do dirty work alone. Usually if I am hurt there is no time to get to medic. I don't really need new interface for that, simple check for medical supplies in inventory would suffice most of the time. This way I could designate medic by distributing med items. But that is not really game breaking issue.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 am

Hit boxes do get scaled and medic always defaults to character with highest First Aid skill. :thumbsup:

hruza

Post by hruza » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

and medic always defaults to character with highest First Aid skill

I know, but that is usually not Ben ;) I would like to be able to assign medic regardless of skill (highest skill medic is of no use to me if he is on other side of map). But again, it is not really something critical, just suggestion.

Mryddlin

Post by Mryddlin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 pm

hruza wrote: I use to park my survivors in some safe spot and do dirty work alone.

There isn't any real reason to do that anymore, set the range to small when running around and the survivors will stick with you, when you get into a fight set it to medium range or long depending on the weapon.

Survivors are very much a benefit to take along..although in my new Prison game I got the Health Key and an old lady nurse in my first run and an 83 year old man who is great with a rifle but can't run very far or fast :)

This game really deserves a 're-review' on it as it's leaps and bounds better than it was at launch.

Cheers!

hruza

Post by hruza » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Well there are reasons:
Alone I can avoid most of the Zombies, with survivors I have to fight it out = lots of ammo spent. I usually search through most of the buildings on level, one by one. That would require to shot most of the zombies in level. Alone I can do it with few pistol bullets.

Despite patch survivors AI pathfinding inside buildings is still bit erratic.

tkobo

Post by tkobo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:31 pm

if you get rat (benny),ammo becomes very common and no longer a worry as long as you switch weapons around once in a while.

And with other keys like the soldier (marine),who ive seen get three headshots with one burst of his very trained m4,you can come out ahead in ammo on all but the night runs.

Mryddlin

Post by Mryddlin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 pm

hruza wrote:Well there are reasons:
Alone I can avoid most of the Zombies, with survivors I have to fight it out = lots of ammo spent. I usually search through most of the buildings on level, one by one. That would require to shot most of the zombies in level. Alone I can do it with few pistol bullets.

Despite patch survivors AI pathfinding inside buildings is still bit erratic.

Ahh that makes sense, I have found building like the houses still hard on the NPC AI but the bigger ones are not to bad. I rarely have to put on on defend and run back up to get another.

Started taking 2 extra survivors on my runs with me on the last few missions and it has been going well. I give them Rifles and stick to the close combat weapons to mop up any that get past the rifle fire (Clickety-BOOM, Clickety-BOOM :) )

all around it's lots of fun again to play the game with the latest update.

Cheers!

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 am

errr..nevermind....

the zombies are more viscous than ever....

boy do I wish I had a grenade or a flamethrower in this game. I'd definitely put it to good use. :shock:
Last edited by angrysquirrel on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

GunFox

Post by GunFox » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:10 am

Yay! An M1911A1! No more glock crap for me!

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:22 am

angrysquirrel wrote:what's the deal with the new stats next to a character? I see two columns that say

"Level" and then "Actual."
Priest Callahan has a blade level of 30 but his actual is 68. What does that mean?

Level is their basic level in that skill
Actual is the skill after all modifiers for attributes and related skill groups etc.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 am

things I've noticed with 1.07

you can't check the biography of characters anymore in the field. I liked that in 1.04, especially with the special characters.

seems to me that shooting zombies above and below you is pretty hard to do. You cannot consistently hit them or even more likely than not hit them with shotgun. something weird with the angles I think. I usually wait until the zombie climbs over the fence before I shotgun him.

Friendly AI is much worse shot than in 1.04. Maybe the shooting values are being calculated properly now? Their melee skill has gone way up, which is nice. On the other hand, soldier AI shooting ability appears to be much more accurate and more powerful damage.

Friendly AI will get stuck sometimes in a shooting mode. For example you can have it set to far shot and then switch to close. Only way you can get them to really fire close again is to change behavior settings (i.e have them change from follow me to defend and then back to follow me). You need to do that also sometimes when they get stuck in a spot.

Friendly AI path finding is much improved but unfortunately still needs some more work. I wanted to put 2 friendly ai in building so they wouldn't get munched by a group of zombies. One AI got inside. the other one got stuck between the fence and the outside of the house. I could not get him out from between that fence. The zombies on the other hand had a great time going in between the fence and eating my guy. I shut down the game and restarted.

shooting the zombies with shotgun is just not consistent with me. I'll use shotgun as example because it's the most consistent in terms of hitting and taking out zombies. Trying to figure out a way to get a one shot kill at point blank. If I shoot point blank I will miss the shot. The pellets show up in red but they don't hit target. It's like I've shot up n the air or something.

Tried that 3 shot rifle. Now admittedly I have a finesse of 30 but I can't hit zombies at short range with the gun. Is there a minimum distance you can use this new rifle? I haven't tried the old standards like the garand or the lee enfield so I'm not sure how they are working with 1.07.

All in all the game is still frustrating due to technical issues. However, patch 1.07 has significantly improved on alot of bug related issues in this game and has brought alot of new content. Thanks Keberos!
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:14 am

Sadly squirrel half the things on your list are parts of the code base that were never touched for this update, so we can neither take credit nor blame for them. :thumbsup:

Return to “Fort Zombie”