FZ 1.0.7 Update Details

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

hruza

Re: FZ 1.0.7 Update Details

Post by hruza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 am

Mecron >> What kind of pathfinding is used in FZ. Is it some kind of A*?

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Mecron!

That was an awesome answer! In spite of the annoyances that were not touched, I still love you guys and all the work you are putting into this game! :mrgreen:

Little off topic but is the pitchfork considered a club weapon? I know kinda stupid but I think it probably is. Will the AI default to the melee weapon they have the best skill in or the best one to use? How do you know what the best melee weapons are? I have 2 axes an a ton of pitchforks. I can say from real life I'd rather have the axe, but the pitch fork would be better at keeping the z's at bay. Then again a pitchfork to the head may penetrate a zombies skull. Oh the things I think about while playing this game... :shock:
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Actually squirrel I was kind of pointing out that some of your list was in the land of the imaginary :thumbsup: But yes, improved pathing does not mean perfect pathing.

Hruz, it is a combo of ray tracing sweeps with forced pathing in tricky spots as the most recent aid to thing.

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:21 am

Hey, I had a bug that's been following me a few revisions now. Just remembered it b/c it happened again.

You hit end day. The next day a survivor gives you your FIRST trap design say for...land shark (mark chambers just gave me this). You save the game. Then you put down land shark but don't know where to put it. You right click and then lose the resources because you selected land shark even though you didn't build it (not sure if that's still there in this patch). But what is the bug is that if you reload the game (b/c you didn't want to use those resources up) Now you cannot select design for land shark (or whatever trap you just discovered). Happening to me. Not sure if its' happening to others.
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

Pierre70

Post by Pierre70 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:08 am

I've found this too, it's very frustrating. I've found that if you load a save game on a day when you rescue survivors (but from a point after you rescue them) you won't get any trap designs from these people when you hit 'end day'. If you end the day without loading you get the designs.

I've completed the game several times (on 1.07 and previous versions) without any trap designs at all due to this. I suppose I need to start doing survivor missions last thing each day to avoid this.

matains

Post by matains » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Im' sorry kerberos but wtf? :mrgreen: I have encountered only two military zombies and they both killed me with their first shot. And both times returning from my first mission with a full inventory. I just can't finish my first mission because of them. :lol: I think you went a little bit too far. My character has 30 toughness and the shots were received at about 60-80% health, so does that mean if i see the soldier i should run away screaming? :mrgreen:

one more thing is that i still saw zombie clipping through a wall :( he simply made a shortcut through a corner.

and one not update related problem. When i cleaned my base i thought 'why not take another walk aroud Piety' :D so i went and searched for stuff and when i got my inventory full i was so happy when i realised that 'done' button is still available and i don't have to go back to base. It didn't last too long since when i pressed the button, game simply crashed :thumbsup:
next time i did the same, just pressed the button already returned to base and everything was fine. Mby you should simply make the button inactive when out of base borders? not the most important thing to do, but should one of the simplest :)

hruza

Post by hruza » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:23 am

Military zombies are better to be avoided at long distance if you can.

I also see zombies occasionaly get through walls. They can climb through walls of church sometimes and walk through walls of burned down building with burned couple and empty fuel cans inside. However it occurs much less often than before patch.

Mryddlin

Post by Mryddlin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:47 pm

hruza wrote:Military zombies are better to be avoided at long distance if you can.

I also see zombies occasionaly get through walls. They can climb through walls of church sometimes and walk through walls of burned down building with burned couple and empty fuel cans inside. However it occurs much less often than before patch.

Cops and Military zombies require better tactics now to take them on. I noticed the same thing my first few runs (and deaths :) ) after the 1.07 update.

Personally I like the change as it upped the danger level and makes the mission more interesting.

If I have NPCs with me that have rifles I will rush them from the front, but frontal assaults are the ones were you will potentially take the most amount of damage. My usually tactic now is to flank and assault with a shotgun and try and draw them out to the kill zone setup with the extra NPC's I bring along.

tkobo

Post by tkobo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I use my team,the long range button, and the "guard" button to secure the area out of effective range of the armed zombies,i flank the zombies , and take them out with an automatic rifle from cover.

If they come out and go after the team,it cuts them down with rifle fire also, as they try to advance on the team.

equilibrium=death

Post by equilibrium=death » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 pm

I just got the 1.07 update and I'm loving it so far. The cop and military zombies are definitely more deadly now but it doesnt really detract from the game. Before the update I was actually annoyed at how the zombies would shoot. Their shots almost always went wide. I figure if muscle memory is why they can remmber how to shoot their guns then even zombie cops and soldiers should be better shots then they were before the update. So kudos Kerberos, another awesome update to an already awesome game. One more thing, does anyone else find more supplies during their sprint to the fort? Maybe I was just unlucky before, but I filled up my inventory and found and enfield and a 9mm on my first try.

Pianoman

Post by Pianoman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys/gals at Kerberos for doing a great job with 1.07. Enjoying it immensely.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 am

Glad you guys are enjoying...sorry this one took a lil longer.

Goweigus

Post by Goweigus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 am

Sorry to post this here but it might not get read anywhere else.

Trying out 1.07 for the first time, and even before I've left the starting area I find I am extremely annoyed with a few additions/changes with the latest update. The interface clicking noise is way to loud/obvious/out there, and the noise that plays when I've discovered a cache of items with my f button (especially annoying because it sounds like its from Windows).

Is there any file I can edit easily to eliminate these game breaking (in the sense I feel ripped out of the game and back into the real world in a negative way) sounds?

PS: Is it just me or has the mouse sensitivity for the camera controls shot up dramatically?
PS: I love this game and have frequented the forums in the past, but I find i am unable to continue playing this game anymore if I have to hear those sounds so constantly.
PS:I think its a step in the wrong direction to add helpful audio bits into the game (such as when you find a stash), it breaks me out of the game, its too loud compared to whatever else is going on, and its... super cheesy sounding (like I said, it sounds like something from my Windows OS, or hey it really sounds like a console achievement earned sound).

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:45 am

Bah I like the loot found sound.
:mrgreen:

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

How is collision detection handled?

as to military zombies, they are death to everything, even other zombies. I keep going after them in most cases despite this however :)

Return to “Fort Zombie”