So...

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Nightshade

So...

Post by Nightshade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 am

Given The Pit and other things around it, do I assume we FZ fans should just not hold our breaths waiting for an update anymore?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: So...

Post by Erinys » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 am

Nightshade wrote:Given The Pit and other things around it, do I assume we FZ fans should just not hold our breaths waiting for an update anymore?

We feel that the best solution is to rebuild the game from the bedrock. The whole game needs to be re-developed. As an independent project.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 am

With all respect to you and the rest, Arinn, from my experience with observing indie houses over the years, that's not very far from "yes". Perhaps you'll someday do an FZ2, but I doubt seriously it'll be anytime soon, and I expect bluntly that fans of the game should not get their hopes up. An update was already higher priority that I had any reason to believe you guys would put it; nothing you've said suggests a whole new version of the game will be higher.

Sorry if that sounds cynical, and I wish you all the best on your new path.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm

If all you were really asking was: can Kerberos put more effort into updating a ten dollar experimental game that was released over three years ago, when the publisher does not support further work on the title?

Then the simple answer is no, we can't do that.

If your question was, have we given up on the ideas and gameplay mechanics behind FZ?

Then the simple answer is no, we haven't.

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 am

The question really was "are we liable to see anything new in this area in a reasonable time frame"; I don't think its unreasonable to say that the answer is "no" (realizing you can define "reasonable" differently here; I'm not saying that its "reasonable" for an indie game house to get something like FZ2 done quickly, but its also likely a longer time frame than people who were just hoping for an update are liable to want to wait).

Grunthex

Post by Grunthex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am

If that's what the question really was, that's probably how it should have been phrased. Less confusion and arguing semantics afterwards.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Grunthex wrote:If that's what the question really was, that's probably how it should have been phrased. Less confusion and arguing semantics afterwards.

I thought my original question was reasonably clear, but if other people didn't, so be it. I'm not going to fight over a semantic hill.

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Erinys,

I would gladly pay $30 for another FZ game made by your company. I'd gladly pay $10-15 for an expansion (even more content / items / pathfinding stuff) to this game. I am sure many customers feel the same way.

I really hope you folks dig in and begin development for a sequel or even an expansion pack. If there's anything I can do to encourage you further, please let me know.

One other thing, I did drop $7 on a game called project zomboid. The group developing the game did this thing where you gave money to the developers for alpha versions. Maybe you folks could do something similar to jumpstart fort zombie 2 or an expansion pack?
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Given the success of many of them, they might be better off going Kickstarter. Though it remains to be seen how that'll play out, it worked well for Dead State.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement! :) We would definitely need a lot of audience support to make a new FZ game.

--Arinn

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Nightshade wrote:The question really was "are we liable to see anything new in this area in a reasonable time frame"; I don't think its unreasonable to say that the answer is "no" (realizing you can define "reasonable" differently here; I'm not saying that its "reasonable" for an indie game house to get something like FZ2 done quickly, but its also likely a longer time frame than people who were just hoping for an update are liable to want to wait).

I understood the replies as:

"No Kerberos isn't planning on updating current build of Fort Zombie. Its just a poor use of limited resources"
"Yes it is one of the potential future projects they intend to work on given the opportunity"
"Yes, it would be a fairly large project and they would probably be starting from scratch for Art Assets/Programming"
***Disclaimer: I'm not intending to put words in anyone's mouth, just giving my interpretation.

Begin rampant speculation:
Based on this information, assuming that a new Fort Zombie game would be the 3rd or 4th project they attempt to crowd fund (at earliest); It seems unlikely that we'll see it within the next 3years
End rampant speculation

P.S I speculate out of love

SonicSoneditFZ

Post by SonicSoneditFZ » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:55 am

It's a hard question, but someone has to ask it:
With State of Decay out now, we can now forget about FZ2? Or should we still believe in FZ2?

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:50 pm

I haven't been to these boards in a long time but I just saw this response. There is nothing out there even close to the fun and uniqueness that is FZ. FZ has no competition. I hope they don't give up on making a sequel. There is no question that Kerberos could not get the funds they need through kickstarter. If they put something up for a sequel I'd be sure to spread the word and ask people to contribute. I just hope that if they're going to do something they'll start it soon. If you got the money through kickstarter then it would give you incentive to make the game.

I've seen early builds of State of Decay and it's nothing like FZ. It's like super simplified version of Jagged Alliance. In it's present build it looks like the game is going to be pretty disappointing.
There are hundreds of them out there, thousands, a million of them! You stick your head in the sun they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass!

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:00 pm

angrysquirrel wrote:I've seen early builds of State of Decay and it's nothing like FZ. It's like super simplified version of Jagged Alliance. In it's present build it looks like the game is going to be pretty disappointing.

As anyone on here knows, I'm as big a fan of FZ as it comes, but I'm going to have to argue with this; in terms of thrust of focus and orientation, SoD and FZ are extremely close cousins. And nothing in the LPs I've seen suggests otherwise. SoF isn't a perfect game by any means, but fans of FZ should hardly be throwing stones here.

angrysquirrel

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Nightshade wrote:
angrysquirrel wrote:I've seen early builds of State of Decay and it's nothing like FZ. It's like super simplified version of Jagged Alliance. In it's present build it looks like the game is going to be pretty disappointing.

As anyone on here knows, I'm as big a fan of FZ as it comes, but I'm going to have to argue with this; in terms of thrust of focus and orientation, SoD and FZ are extremely close cousins. And nothing in the LPs I've seen suggests otherwise. SoF isn't a perfect game by any means, but fans of FZ should hardly be throwing stones here.

Sorry I got my games mixed up. I was actually thinking of Dead State by Doublebear productions. I'll blame it on my old age. :) Actually, I'm looking forward to State of Decay but I hear the PC version has been delayed for the indefinite future. I'd agree with you that both games are similar but I am still wishing for a FZ2! :)

Return to “Fort Zombie”