Does anyone still play Fort Zombie?

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

kdstudios

Does anyone still play Fort Zombie?

Post by kdstudios » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey there folks,

I can happily say that after so many years of playing this game, I am STILL playing it.
Some people might consider it sad but I still stand by the belief that this game is one of the best zombie survival sandbox games this industry has ever had.
Sure, it has it's problems, it has moments when I ragequit because it crashed after finding a good survivor or death in ridiculous circumstances or just the most annoying AI behaviour, but those moments are so rare compared to how many hours I've put into this game and how more often than not, the game is truly playable.

So yeah, who is still playing it?
And if not, what other zombie games do you play? Or just say what other zombie games you play as well as this, I don't care. :P

I'm still playing it and I'm half way through my 3rd series of it on YouTube, very happy how it's coming along so far.
ImageImageImage

Nightshade

Re: Does anyone still play Fort Zombie?

Post by Nightshade » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

I just did a playthrough of it last week. I'm also playing State of Decay, and I'm in the process of trying out the demo for Dead State (I was a backer). As you'll notice, all three have a certain commonality of approach.

kdstudios

Post by kdstudios » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Nightshade wrote:I just did a playthrough of it last week. I'm also playing State of Decay, and I'm in the process of trying out the demo for Dead State (I was a backer). As you'll notice, all three have a certain commonality of approach.

It's hard to leave this game. But I too am playing a LOT of State of Decay (Clocked 138 hours so far), it reminds me a lot of Fort Zombie. If Kerberos are unable or unwilling to make a Fort Zombie sequel, spin off or another zombie game, then perhaps Undead Labs will.
After I've seen what they did with Breakdown, it gives me high hopes they will make the ultimate zombie survival game in their sequel. But I won't hold my breath, I take each zombie game with a pinch of butter and enjoy them for what they are before moving on.

I have been looking at Dead State for a very, very long time. It's been in development for so long that I forgot it even existed until I saw a few friends start to play it.
So looking forward to seeing how well that game is in peoples videos. Perhaps I might even pick it up if it looks appetising enough.
ImageImageImage

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:28 pm

glad you are still grooving on our lil experimental game ;)

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:39 pm

kdstudios wrote:I have been looking at Dead State for a very, very long time. It's been in development for so long that I forgot it even existed until I saw a few friends start to play it.
So looking forward to seeing how well that game is in peoples videos. Perhaps I might even pick it up if it looks appetising enough.

Just be aware what you'll be seeing currently is LPs of the demo, and its effectively a demo of the alpha; they've still got several months (estimated June) before the real release. As such, its at a state of buggy that makes FZ look polished and hyperprofessional (and no, Mecron, that's not a slam; once I understood it was really just a proof-of-concept I was even more impressed by your ten dollar game, and still am. Though I still hope we see a FZ2 someday).

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 am

Some day it would be nice to return to zombie Apocalypse gaming. Might have to create a new franchise, though. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

kdstudios

Post by kdstudios » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 am

Mecron wrote:glad you are still grooving on our lil experimental game ;)

Well it's better to enjoy a game for what it is than let it gather dust on my ridiculous pile of games (1500+) hehe :googly:

Nightshade wrote:Just be aware what you'll be seeing currently is LPs of the demo, and its effectively a demo of the alpha; they've still got several months (estimated June) before the real release. As such, its at a state of buggy that makes FZ look polished and hyperprofessional (and no, Mecron, that's not a slam; once I understood it was really just a proof-of-concept I was even more impressed by your ten dollar game, and still am. Though I still hope we see a FZ2 someday).

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll continue watching it for now heh.
Since I fixed the zombie height problem in FZ the game is very playable now. I'd go as far as to say it's slightly polished ;) hehe.

Erinys wrote:Some day it would be nice to return to zombie Apocalypse gaming. Might have to create a new franchise, though. :)

--Arinn

You know, that would be fantastic. A whole fresh new take would be brilliant.
ImageImageImage

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Mecron wrote:glad you are still grooving on our lil experimental game ;)

Just make sure next time gave us a full fledged one!!! throw in more twists like in The Pit, im sure it would be hilarious!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

remember back at the time, 10 bucks was unheard of for a game release...ahh how the world has changed ;) Had we done FZ now it definitely would have gone the early access route on our own.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Mecron wrote:remember back at the time, 10 bucks was unheard of for a game release...ahh how the world has changed ;) Had we done FZ now it definitely would have gone the early access route on our own.

Yeah... It's been a while.

But again, if it is good, I will pay for whatever price you stick on it. :D

Mryddlin

Post by Mryddlin » Tue May 06, 2014 11:56 am

I still play it from time to time, there isn't much else in the genre currently (getting there).

The concept was great and the cost at the time was excellent.

Personally one of the things I loved about it was the scope of the game. It was large enough to make replaying the game fun, with out making it uber tedious.

I've played through a bunch of times and I still avoid night time like the plague.

hmmmm, I'm almost done Jagged Alliance Back in Action, feeling the urge to play though again.

now that I think about it, I don't think I ever finished the School level.

p.s. if you ever do a 2nd one I'd buy it in a heart beat but would love for it to be launched on tablets/mobile as well as PC (aka Shadowrun returns style).

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

SR Returns could do that largely because it actually has fairly constrained animation and the like, being turn-based. Its hard to see how you could do that with a logical sequel to Fort Zombie; its more like what you could manage out of something like Dead State if they'd been willing to deal with less detailed maps.

Return to “Fort Zombie”