Fort Zombie runs TOO FAST? Peculiar issue...

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

kdstudios

Fort Zombie runs TOO FAST? Peculiar issue...

Post by kdstudios » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:29 am

Hey there,
So I recently upgraded my computer to an i7-4790K and Fort Zombie runs WAY too fast.
It runs about 40-60 FPS but it's like everyone is the Flash. The whole game is whizzing around and I was wondering if anyone knew how to slow it down?

The only thing I've found to slightly slow it down is crank up the shadows to highest and increase the resolution.

Changing CPU priorities didn't help either.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Just found this issue weird because the game running slow is the most common issue ever since launch. I have the exact opposite :/
ImageImageImage

Nightshade

Re: Fort Zombie runs TOO FAST? Peculiar issue...

Post by Nightshade » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 am

Weird. I'm not quite in that weight class but my current machine is an i7 and I haven't noticed anything odd about the speed.

kdstudios

Post by kdstudios » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Nightshade wrote:Weird. I'm not quite in that weight class but my current machine is an i7 and I haven't noticed anything odd about the speed.

I've found the cause.
Using the "latest" version of Physx was the issue. (9.14.0702) (It was the latest I could find, thought I was being clever)
So I dug around and found one from around when the game came out (October 2009). I downgraded to 9.09.0814 and the problem is gone.

Game runs like a "dream" if you could call it that ;)
Higher framerate and runs like crap during the final battle. <3
Was still very amazing that the game ran TOO fast and amazingly well in the final battle with the latest version of Physx.
Who'd have thought the entire reason the game runs like crap is because of a Physx driver? Blimey. I knew physics were a big deal but I didn't think it was that bad.

... Maybe I could find a middle ground...
THIS COULD BE AN INTERESTING EXPERIMENT!
(If I could be bothered........)
(Also if the devs could update the game a teeny tiny bit to run on 9.14.0702 I reckon the game would run flawlessly!)(But we know that'll never happen lol)
ImageImageImage

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:23 pm

The game is intensely physics based hundreds of objects in play at once, so it's not surprising that a decades improvement in physics software would have a dramatic effect.

Return to “Fort Zombie”