What is the Romero Mod?

Jerico

What is the Romero Mod?

Post by Jerico » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 pm

I haven't found anything on the forums or wiki about it, and I don't know what it does. So what is the Romero Mod, and how does it affect the game?

balanceofpower

Re: What is the Romero Mod?

Post by balanceofpower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 am

I saw your post a few days ago and after an extensive Google search found nothing but pirated russian copies with this mod added. However - as luck would have it - over at the Iron Tower Games forums (makers of Dead State), in their "All Things Zombie" thread someone posted a link to the mod. Here it is. I have not tested this myself but I downloaded it and it looks legit.

http://www.4shared.com/file/URSq5xL0/dr ... mero_.html

Edit: Almost forgot. According to the text file in the zip, the mod makes the zombies more Romero-esque. That is to say: no soldiers/cops with guns. No fast running joggers. No charging football zombies. Guns appear to be more powerful.

Cheers!

BoP

Jerico

Post by Jerico » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Much thnx!

balanceofpower

Post by balanceofpower » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:25 am

By the way, If you look up that thread on that forum there is a second link to version 2.0 which is essentially the same as the previous link but the melee weapons have been buffed up as well. I discovered it shortly after my last post otherwise I would have included that link as well. I haven't tried either yet as I've been tied up with Dead Island but the mod sounds promising!

Cheers

DrunkZombie

Post by DrunkZombie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 am

I created the Romero Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me. Feel free to share or alter the mod. Just please give me credit.

http://www.4shared.com/file/URSq5xL0/dr ... mero_.html

As requested, here is a new version where the double damage file also includes melee weapons.

http://www.4shared.com/file/vL_EZxMY/dr ... mero_.html

If you don't want to deal with 4shared, pm me and I can email the file to you. Please let me know if the instructions make sense and what you think about the mod.

This mod makes the zombies more like Romero style zombies.

Changes to zombies (File: ZombieDB.xnb):
Guns removed from cop and soldier
Jogger moves at the same speed as the other zombies
Charge removed from football zombie
Healing powers removed from doctor, nurse, and medic

Changes to firearms (File: Weapons.xnb):
All Medium and Long ranges doubled
All accuracy penalties reduced to 1 for short, 2 for medium, and 3 for long (Makes the guns much more accurate)
(Although shooting at point blank still sucks. There was no way to mod that.)

Optional change to firearms (File:Weapons.xnb in "gunsdodouble" folder):
As you may have guessed, all guns do double damage.
This is useful for playing the school base without having to use an entire magazine to kill one zombie.
Of course there is nothing to stop you from using it on the police station level if you wanted to.

Optional Change to Reporter class (CharacterStatBaseClassDB.xnb):
Reduced many skills and put the points into the general pool.
Saves time and gives you more flexibility since the game limits how far you can manually
reduce skills to use the points elsewhere.
Note that you still have the same total number of points.
I like to think of it as a Private Eye class, but unfortunately I couldn't change the name.
Even if you change it in the file it doesn't change due to a graphics label I believe and I am too lazy to change it.

Aerith

Post by Aerith » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Hello.

sorry for refreshing old topic, but is there any mod that extends the gameplay time? I mean, extends it to more than 14 days.

Thanks for all replays,
Aerith

Return to “FZ Modding”