Early modding info

TrashMan

Re: Early modding info

Post by TrashMan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 pm

DA:O will keep me busy till than. :thumbsup:

Wonder how I missed that XNA post .... :| Me brain be acting up again lately.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Take care and write if you get work! Buh-bye! <wave!>

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Didn't you know?..I got work. An internship to be exact :P

But with DA:O and FZ, I'm starting to fear I may not keep it...
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:10 pm

In response to Mecron's "overcompensating" remark, if you can do this, you have kind of earned the right to carry a huge-ass blade around.

DanteCruz

Post by DanteCruz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:56 pm

is there a way to edit the food and all that without getting a error i tried editing the food medicine and ammo i got the thing figured out but everytime i edit them higher than 50 it gives me a error

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks in part to the object oriented nature of the language and framework... there seem to be some built in sanity checks... Sanity checks are also good for debugging and darned easy to implement with something like XNA. Also you can use such sanity checks to have the game fix problems (potential crashes) on the fly during runtime.

Basically, 50 is probably the limit for food and or medical supplies as they didn't plan to have any items larger than that value. (assuming editing of the files was correct).
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Daedalao

Post by Daedalao » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if this fits, but I wanted to see if I could turn fort zombie into a shooter, without having to reload. And at current I have 15 auto shotguns with 4000 rounds each. Loaded. 4000/8 displays. I guess I probably shouldn't do that, but meh. It makes for an interesting spectacle when the final wave comes rambling up. So far, I've duplicated NPCs with only minor name changes, size changes, etc... positioning and the like. I've only ever once gotten a crash (it was due to falling with 400% health I'm almost sure)

Kuroji

Post by Kuroji » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:10 am

Profound_Darkness wrote:A few seconds on google...
http://gruaz.net/?page_id=155

It might not currently work (based on xna 2) but then it might work.

Yeah, I got stuck on night shift so I wanted to see, it can't even open most of the files in the .gob, unfortunately.

Daedalao

Post by Daedalao » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Fell again, with more than 100% health. And I am almost certain this dump is because of that. So, just a heads up, no more than 100% health :)

Code: Select all

11/28/2009 12:28:09 PM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Unhandled exception encountered:

----------------
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Health.SetValue()
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Chimera.CharacterFramework.Health.SetValue(BodyParts part, Int32 value)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Chimera.CharacterFramework.Health.ApplyDamage(BodyParts part, Int32 damage)
   at Kerberos.FortZombie.CharacterEntity.CharacterEntityDamaged(DamageableComponent sender, DamageReport damageReport)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Chimera.EntityFramework.DamageableComponent.ApplyDamage(DamageReport report)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Chimera.EntityFramework.DamageableComponent.ApplyDamage(Single amount, IDamageType damageType, Nullable`1 position, Vector3 normal, Entity attacker)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Character.CharacterComponent.StoppedFalling(Boolean wasPlayingFallingAnim, Single speed)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Character.CharacterController.UpdateMoveKinematic(GameTime gameTime)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Character.CharacterController.UpdateMove(GameTime gameTime)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.Character.CharacterController.PreUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.EntityFramework.EntityComponentManager.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Kerberos.NsCore.Engine.EngineService.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Kerberos.FortZombie.Client.Application.Update(UpdateState state)
   at Xen.Application.Xen.IUpdate.Update(UpdateState state)
   at Xen.Updater.UpdateEntries(UpdateState state, List`1[] moveList)
   at Xen.Updater.Update(Int32 index, UpdateState state, List`1[] moveList)
   at Xen.UpdateManager.Xen.IUpdate.Update(UpdateState state)
   at Xen.XNALogic.Update(Int64 totalRealTicks, Int64 totalGameTicks)
   at Xen.XNAGameAppWrapper.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Xen.XNAGameAppWrapper.Xen.IXNAAppWrapper.Run()
   at Xen.Application.Run()
   at Kerberos.FortZombie.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

----------------

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm

I shall give hints...

Since the game is very object oriented they probably have the health over 100% crash as a debugging tool since object oriented languages are meant to let you simulate how real objects work. One of those useful abilities in OO is constraining values to be within limits (with very little code).

There is a stat called toughness, this is your max health (body).
The other body parts are a percentage of this toughness value. Exceeding the toughness value on body or the percentage of toughness on the body parts will cause this crash.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 am

Soooo....Still no progress in adding new weapons?

Egotron

Post by Egotron » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:08 pm

TrashMan wrote:Interesting read, thanks.

I wonder why Kerberos went with XNB format when it's so unmoddable? Unles they supply us with some sort of compiler/decompiler, I can see the FZ modding community dying fast. :cry:

I was too late into the game it seems (first time I tried it, i gave the game up, because it was too buggy and laggy). Now that I am totally into modding this one, everyone else already gave up it seems :( the "FZ modding community" is already dead, but I still hope some of you come back to life. At least that would be in sync with the game, raising the dead and everything :3

Btw.: Thank you, Janus, you gave many ppl a startup on trying to mod this :)

Return to “FZ Modding”