Game length

XELA NAMYT

Game length

Post by XELA NAMYT » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Does anyone know how to edit the game length?

I Know that someone managed to change the time in their saved games, but I was lokking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks,

Profound_Darkness

Re: Game length

Post by Profound_Darkness » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Based on my looking in the data files I suspect the game's end date is hard coded. I haven't felt much like spelunking in the executable lately, especially with the update coming really soon so I don't know where inside it.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Vhorthex

Post by Vhorthex » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:59 am

Yeah, time seems hardcoded.

If you look at a savefile, there is a "TIME" value, one of the first values on top if i'm not mistaken.

That value is a timer. it goes from 000000000 to 99999999 (I think, not sure if it's 99999999 but yeah).

Basically if you set the time to 00000000000 (Sorry not sure how many zeroes), you be at day 0 midnight.

As far as extending the game, you'd have to edit your savefile for now.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Actually the number of digits in time is variable. There are more digits for end game time than there are for start game time. And all 0s may be an invalid time (game starts at 8am, not midnight). If it's not I wonder how a negative value would be perceived by the game... probably not readable (crash).

If someone gets the exact time for end game (or even most of the digits) then assuming it's stored in a similar manner in the executable it becomes an easy mod... a hex editor would (probably) suffice instead of a disassembler.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 pm

My current game is comming to a close but I want to keep playing it...
Anyway this woud be the first time I would ever have monkyed with a game and I'm a little unclear of as to what I should do to extend the length of the game. I understand that you go to the save file and edit the value for 'Time' but what do you put in? What are the units of measurement, like if I wanted to add a week would I type '7' then two zeros for hours and two for minutes?
If I'm way off base with this I would appreciate an example of what to type in.
Thanks,
UEDC
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 am

I haven't figured out the unit of measurement yet either, not that I have tried much.

1152000000000 should be the value for the first day, so take a save that is before the final wave and set the time to that value to keep on extending your time. I recommend either backing up the save or saving the modified game to a different file.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Yeah, thats what I decided to do, just copy the time from an early abandodned game and paste it into my current game. Works fine so far.

tkobo

Post by tkobo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:27 pm

I really wish this game didnt end after the short time period.id rather it was more open ended,with attacks on the fort coming multiple times on an irregular basis.

Is there a way to make it so the timer auto resets ?So that the game reaches the zombie attack day,the attack happens, and then the timer resets to day one again ?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 pm

I knew we should have subtitled it... "Fort Zombie: It's an Arcade Game!" :lol:

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Woooooooooo! more epic than recording session I had last nigh with friends trying to get some lines in for the project I'm working on.Is it still improv if you had a script but nobody tried to follow it?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 pm

ummm no...thats called "losing control of a production" :wink:

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

heh heh, Mec If you had any idea of how bad this stuff gets... I'm half tempted to post some of the more.... interesting? yeah, lets go with interesting, audio files, but I might get sued. :wink: I will say this, Never leave some one of questionable maturity unsupervised with a microphone. 80 files of total BS and 21 files of questionable quality for only half a dozen lines. (Bangs head againstt nearby wall....)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm

In a recording session you must rule with an iron fist. Studio time is money time once you go pro :wink:

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Would it be wrong to use a sledge hammer instead of a fist? :wink:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:32 am

sledge hammer has that built in all or nothing index...you either connect the first time or you are doomed as the follow through is taking you around for a long time relatively.

Return to “FZ Modding”