Trouble recruiting survivors

MZ0125

Trouble recruiting survivors

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Well, why every time I try to recruit new survivors, they just tell me to bugger off, even though I have power 500 and interaction 500... is there something to do with your occupation? like some one just hate soldiers? And is it possible that you ran a survivor mission but there is no survivor? And should I bring the new survivors some weapons when I do the survivor mission?

AlanF5

Re: Trouble recruiting survivors

Post by AlanF5 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 pm

500? Those numbers ain't natural, son. Ya broke sumthin'.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:08 pm

I modified the configuration files, bumped the stats and skills all up to 500. Well, is that the problem there? Lie what's the equation for the chance of joining you calculation?

hruza

Post by hruza » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:33 pm

That might be problem. Chance to recruit somebody is influenced by Power, Interaction and Reputation. With power 20 and Interaction 35 I newer had problem recruiting anybody. If profession influence that as well I don't know (I am playing reporter).

There is always at last one survivor at survivor mission. You probably did not find him (make sure you located right building, sometimes its bit tricky, then look it from bottom to top plus some structures around like garage and be sure you found all). Also survivors might get killed sometimes by zombies before you get there but in that case you should be able to find dead survivor body.

I don't bring weapons to survivors but you can if you wish so. Sometimes survivors have their own weapons.

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm

It's one thing to tweak the numbers in a game to be a bit bigger than stock it's quite another to tweak the numbers completely outside of what the game is built for.

They haven't released the equation but it was implied that a skill level of 50-75 basically makes you an expert... rarely if ever fail.

I don't know what the limits in the game are but from actually playing the game a few times I haven't seen a stat above 40 and I haven't seen a skill above about 95, maybe 98.

as hruza mentioned, a stock reporter (no alterations) was good for me in recruiting people. I can't remember a single failed recruit attempt.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Yup, modding forum thingy... :D

Post by silvaril » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 am

Heya

If you are going to Mod the game that way, I suggest sticking to 50 as the upper limit for now.

50 Interaction + 50 Power = 100, so should be sufficient.

Similarly for combat skills, 50 Finesse + 50 Pistols + 50 9mm Beretta should give you everything you need... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Return to “FZ Modding”