Alpha version of save editor is complete!

menaltis

Re: Alpha version of save editor is complete!

Post by menaltis » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 pm

An excellent news, if I may say so, although I am experiencing a bizarre problem that nobody else seems to have.

Considering the fact that the editor is not the game itself, I assume dthat this psot would be the place to report the following issue:

When I open the editor, everything is fine, I can see the menu and everything. The minute I click on “police station”, “Jail”, “School” or try to load one of my save, this message pops up:

Error

Le format de la chaîne est incorrect.

I can click on the ok button or the red x but one or the other leads to a second message that take the form of a report:

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=La valeur '0' n'est pas valide pour 'SelectedIndex'.
Nom du paramètre : SelectedIndex
à System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
à Fort_Zombie_Save_Editor.frmMain.DisplaySave()
à Fort_Zombie_Save_Editor.frmMain.butPoliceStation_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase : file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Fort Zombie Save Editor
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Vince/Mes%20documents/T%E9l%E9chargements/Fort%20Zombie%20Save%20Editor/Fort%20Zombie%20Save%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing

Since I am not skilled at programming, I dare note to try something with the source code to try to solve this issue myself. Does anybody seems to have a similar problem?
"Life is about useless defenses and senseless assaults that are made to win a war that cannot be win."

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 pm

I think the main problem is, the editor is for the ENGLISH version of Fort Zombie... I'm not sure what language that is, but it's NOT english...

menaltis

Post by menaltis » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:42 pm

I installed fort zombie in english, that is for sure. Howewer, my computer is "programmed" in canadian frenh, being a french speaker but bilingual too.

I don't see why a simple difference regarding language could have such effects but that's an interesting observation.

In any ways, many thanks to you good sir for the help you are providing!

Edit: You were right: the language WAS the problem! Some quick modifications solved my problem. Again, many thanks to you kind sir!
"Life is about useless defenses and senseless assaults that are made to win a war that cannot be win."

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

Post by GammaPaladin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:21 am

Your computer's localization settings change certain assumptions about date/time format, whether decimal values are indicated with a period or a comma, and so on. This tends to cause problems if the application wasn't coded with that in mind :)

Aganazer

Post by Aganazer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Most of the localization errors I've encountered had to do with the date representation, in particular the month/day/year ordering. Another possibility might be decimal points being represented by commas instead of periods. I'm not sure which, but I'd guess that it was one of those two that caused the error.

menaltis

Post by menaltis » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I did realize that.

When I changed my settings, everything went fine and I can use this wonderful save editor without any problem. Many thanks for your help, all of you and three cheers for this wonderful work by Aganazer.

It is good to know that there is still polite people out there to help and don't just insult other around for a simple question. I thank again all those who helped me for their kindness!

Popzombie99

Post by Popzombie99 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 am

Nice, what's the progress on the character creation feature for the save editor.

Ares_in_snow

Post by Ares_in_snow » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Now if you added a function to increase the storage space size of the base. . . that'd be awesome. Also ability to add/remove survivors would make it near perfect.

Goweigus

Post by Goweigus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 pm

how do i download the editor? (also is there gonna be another official patch anyone know? I wish they could fix zombies going through walls and some final level load crashes)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:07 am

take your pic...occasionaly zombie phasing or no climbing at all by the zombies and you are utterly safe behind a small fence. :wink:

Goweigus

Post by Goweigus » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:34 pm

I don't care if they can climb a low fence, I care if I am say in an alley between 2 buildings and they just start popping through solid brick walls. Or i am exploring a building and they just start climbing through unbroken windows and doors that aren't even open. It isn't a big enough deal to keep me from playing the game, but it seems like 1 think that could be fixed that would really improve the game.

PS: Can someone tell me how to download this editor?

Sgt Tellos

Post by Sgt Tellos » Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm

So where do you download this editor, I've seen another person ask this question but have not seen a response. :?:

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 am

I just guessing as I don't really follow this thread but, the last time the author, Aganazer, posted was at the begining of the year.

IIRC the forums had some issues (The Devs Email server was bogged down or something IIRC) between then and now and most of the forums attachments were removed.

Likely Aganazer has been absent since his last post and is not aware of the removed attachment.
You could try sending him a PM as he may have the option in his profile that sends emails to him if you PM him..

Pianoman

Post by Pianoman » Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Here's the link I just created to Aganazer's FZ save editor. I saw that Aganazer had some other files but this is the only one I remember:

http://www.fileplanet.com/212202/210000 ... 28Alpha%29

Sullivan990

Post by Sullivan990 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 am

This is rather depressing. I cant find any links for the updated editor. Just the original Alpha version Pianoman shared with us. Thanks for recovering that though Pianoman!

Is anybody able to get this data back to us? I just got addicted to FZ and that editor looks like gold!

Return to “FZ Modding”