Quick & dirty Lag fix

Tolbiac

Quick & dirty Lag fix

Post by Tolbiac » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey people,

I think I found a way to reduce the lag some people are experiencing in Fort Zombie (I know I am).

I simply removed the physic of most objects in the game (zombies and npcs not included) and that seems to help a lot with the FPS ... or that might be only me ... so that's why I'm releasing this early version of my mod, I'd like you guys to try it and tell me if it does help (of course, if you can already run the game without any problem, this mod won't be of any use to you).

Why quick & dirty you'd ask ?
Well because for the moment, using this mod will transform your game in a weird piece of modern art (the Dali kind). Flying tables and boxes won't be a rare sight ... but hopefully nothing gamebreaking (except the occasional destroyed door that won't let you go in a house).

If the physic is indeed to blame for the poor FPS, I'll continue my work on the mod and try to make the city look a bit less weird.

So well, here's a link to download the "fix" :
http://rapidshare.com/files/379169812/Q ... olbiac.rar
Just replace your "Level" folder with mine (oh and do a backup first).

And here's a quick guide if you don't know how to mod the game.
- rename your fz.gob into fz.zip and extract it.
- rename the extracted folder into fz.gob
- explore the fz.gob folder and there you'll find the Level folder you need to replace (make a copy first, as a backup).

Finale note :
The fix might help but other stuffs like Particles will still keep the game from going really fast.
And sorry for my english.

Tolbiac

Re: Quick & dirty Lag fix

Post by Tolbiac » Sun May 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Well, loads of downloads but not a single feedback. I guess those who really bought the game in the end, didn't really need this "fix". :P

Anyway, I recently upraded my rig with a stronger processor and now the game runs like a charm. So I'm discontinuing the development of this mod. However, if some people, for some reason want to try the latest version (no particles, it was helping a lot), just send a pm.

SandmanCDO

Post by SandmanCDO » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi. Wanted to say thank you for this mod. My PC is quite old and the game was a slideshow on it. Now is much better but slows down to a crawl again on the final battle.
Would like to try the particle mod please, will pm you too.

Thanks again from all of us with ancient PCs :D

thrakkemarn

Post by thrakkemarn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 am

Hey, even though I have a pretty nice PC I still get ridiculous FPS slowdown in this game, and I am pretty sure it is due to the physics (it only happens in levels, when I'm in the base I have a solid 60).

With this mod I've gone from an FPS of 4-7 to an FPS of 20-30! Occasionally it will still dip down (usually when there's lots of particles) but without this mod the game would be unplayable for me. THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

unknowncross

Post by unknowncross » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

im having some trouble extracting the fz.gob when i turn it into .zip xD well im trying at least....i really wana use this! cuz well i get like a max of 15 frames....on lowest settings....except render xD well er i hope this will let me have the draw distance on at least moderate .-. without lag :D cuz my pc is a dinosaur xD lolz its from er 2008 i think and i only got like 1 gb ram -.- anyways im rambling! xD
*edit I got it! :D finnaly xP anyways thx for the mod im trying it now...

KOOLLAYD

Post by KOOLLAYD » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Can someone email me this mod to koollayd@yahoo.com the link doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advance.

KOOLLAYD

Post by KOOLLAYD » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 am

Anyone ever come across a valid link for this file? Or does anyone know how to remove PhysX from the game? I've played this game on two different computers and find PhysX causes more lag issues then anything. The lower settings make the game look like crap. So if anyone knows where a copy of this file is or a way to remove the PhysX out the game it would be appreciated.

noobboy191

Post by noobboy191 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 am

Yeah can anyone find this mod anywhere? I could really use it

Return to “FZ Modding”