About music and zombie sounds

Arkhiel

About music and zombie sounds

Post by Arkhiel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey! I've just bought ZF, and after a couple of nooby and horrible deaths ( :lol: ), i was wondering if it was possible to add an mp3 as game music, and if zombie moarning were switchable with .wav.
I also think that the range of the sound they shout is quite too low, something that would be great about ambiant would be to hear them from quite farther.

Sorry if my english is quite approximative :oops: .

castewarkp
Site Admin

Re: About music and zombie sounds

Post by castewarkp » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 am

Hi Ark,

Don't worry about the language - I understood you fine!

The sounds and music in the game were set up and integrated using the XNA game studio system, which means they're basically buried away in a manner that isn't very accessible - I won't discount that the game can be modded, but not without an extreme amount of effort.

Arkhiel

Re: About music and zombie sounds

Post by Arkhiel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm

I see :/ .
Do the dev plan on releasing an SDK or at least some tools? That would be awesome and would allow to improve many things, this kind of game diserves it :).
I'm thinking about M&B (also a paradox game), that was greatly improved thanks to its community. Yet ZF devs seem to communicate a lot with their fans, that is a good point, if they allow us to tweak (i mean more easily), that would increase a lot the reputation of the game as much as the game itself :D .

I recognized in the forum some huge modders of other games (gazz from x3 as an example ), so I think that there is a damn potential...

Return to “FZ Modding”