Cusom Classes?

nahpishtim

Cusom Classes?

Post by nahpishtim » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:27 pm

I recently bought the game and was trying to figure out if I could make a custom "blank" class (none of the attributes spent or skills spent or chosen). I figured out how to make all the attributes and skills 0 and how to give it a pool of skill points but cannot locate a spot to determine unspent attributes. I also can't figure out if it is possible to turn the preset skills into skills you have to select or not. Anyone know how or if I can do this?

nahpishtim

Re: Cusom Classes?

Post by nahpishtim » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Anyone know if there would be a command to add that to the CharacterStatBaseClassDB.xnb? I tried to add <AvailableAttributePoints>10</AvailableAttributePoints> before and after the one for skills points on one of the jobs. The game loaded fine but didn't do anything, is there a proper command to modify that?

Egotron

Re: Cusom Classes?

Post by Egotron » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:55 pm

nahpishtim wrote:Anyone know if there would be a command to add that to the CharacterStatBaseClassDB.xnb? I tried to add <AvailableAttributePoints>10</AvailableAttributePoints> before and after the one for skills points on one of the jobs. The game loaded fine but didn't do anything, is there a proper command to modify that?

That would've too easy :3

The main question is, in which file are the attributes defined. The skills are defined in the "Skills.xnb", but the attributes are a whole different lvl. They seem to implemented too deeply in the game. I couldn't find any clue so far on that.
Also, its easy to answer, why

Code: Select all

<AvailableAttributePoints>
</AvailableAttributePoints>

isn't working, because it needs to be defined somewhere, in another file for example.
You got the idea to try that, because you saw

Code: Select all

<AvailableSkillLevels>
</AvailableSkillLevels>

And you thought, maybe something similar is possible with the Stats or Attributes. But no, this expression was never defined anywhere, because it isn't needed, at least not in that way. The Stats are one of the roots for this game, without the Stats, there couldn't be many Items or Skills, because they are based on the Stats.

If anyone found out, where the Stats are defined (or at least the "Avaible Stats Points" in the char-creating dialog), I think, many would appriciate, if you share you knowledge :) Especially me :3

Return to “FZ Modding”