zombies with guns :|

Renegade2

zombies with guns :|

Post by Renegade2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:27 am

I haven't seen anything on the forum about it and there was nothing in the search so here we go

I find the army and police zombies to be really immersion breaking and annoying when there's like 5 right on your objective. I'm just wondering if anyone has a mod or something i can do to remove all of them from the game permanently? :?

tilarium

Re: zombies with guns :|

Post by tilarium » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 am

I do.... it's not really a mod per say though. I like to call it SHOTGUN! BOOOM! :thumbsup:

Renegade2

Post by Renegade2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Lol but then they shoot u with their rifle once and u die :(

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 pm

You just got headshoted.
Armed zombies have the same weapon inaccuracy penalties as you(tho their weapon never changes of course).
Treat them as such, duck behind corners and lure them into a reletivly safe kill zone.

As for the crowd of them being immersion breaking... Where did this happen?
Remember missions are not generic "find stuff here, yippy! go home now!" missions.
Each mission has a story involved with it. I have seen the remains of a gangster shoot out with the cops at a gas station for example. Its swarming with Cop zombies and various other zombies. It actualy strengthens immersion becuase it seems to be a complete and plausable situation.

So just remember if your mission objective is swarmed with a particular type of zombie, observe the situation before engaging. It may give you clues as to what to expect, and where the loot may be hiding.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

I'd like to see this too. The games pretty difficult on the easy setting without them, with them it's way too difficult.

Greenpakto

Post by Greenpakto » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:26 pm

They are needed. Game is to easy without them.
I havent played the game long enough to finish. But I have restarted it a couple of time. And I must say I know EXACTLY how to kill with ease.
The only zombies that are an issue for me is Military ones and the big ones. The big ones seem to be somewhat bugged, since they are almost impossbile to headshot :P
If a "doctor/nurse" zombie is hiding amongst many other ones, well then they are hard as well. When facing 3 or more joggers, issue can appear depending on weapon, though shotgun solves that issue I guess...

No IMHO, military zombies are NOT groundbreaking. And since you seldom meet really, really large groups of zombies well the game isnt that hard. Havent played last/final battle. So cant comment on that difficulty. With pistol and melee, all zombies are hard, the problem is that you get preety hardcore weapons early (if lucky). On my first playthrough and second mission I got the M16 (two of em), and also the M1 Garand as well the Combat shotgun with PLENTY of ammo. THAT was gamebreaking, since before that everything was VERY hard. Guess what protected those items? Two large football players in a "Two Floored Villa". It wasnt really that hard to reach those items since I also were lucky that no zombies were outside to bother me, when luring the two fellas out for a little football game...

EDIT: I must say that I still believe it was the right choice for Kerberos to allow "loot/missions" to be random, since it prolongs the game and it also feels less like your walking on a red line. I guess I were very lucky my first playthrough :P

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

The military zombies when I play are pretty much crackshots. They almost always hit by the 3rd shot and quite often on the 1st. They almost always hit you before you can even locate them if indoors. Anyway, the OP wasn't asking for the game itself to be changed, but for a mod that would get rid of them. Another idea would be to not let them have unlimited ammo.

Greenpakto

Post by Greenpakto » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 am

MattShizzle wrote:The military zombies when I play are pretty much crackshots. They almost always hit by the 3rd shot and quite often on the 1st. They almost always hit you before you can even locate them if indoors. Anyway, the OP wasn't asking for the game itself to be changed, but for a mod that would get rid of them. Another idea would be to not let them have unlimited ammo.

One thing that is bad is tha they never reload.. Or am I wrong here? At least I have never seen them reload :O

outcast

Post by outcast » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:13 pm

I dont like the zombies with gun eather. But not because they are hard or anything but because it just dont fit for me. I like regular "pure" slow zombies. Zombies with guns are just a no no in my opinion..

rntrndrw

Post by rntrndrw » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Yea I wanna see these zombies modded out as well. I would do it myself but I have no idea how. I have a peek at the gob files but I dont know whats going on.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Be nice to be given an idea how people could mod this - or at least let it be an option that's selectable in an update.

Return to “FZ Modding”